Understanding speedometer signal

bymannan

1 mW
Hey all,

I've upgraded my SurRon with a far drive ND72530 controller and I'm hopping to preserve the original speedometer. However, I don't think it uses standard signal.

The controller has two wires for speedo connection, Phase wire and analog wire. Phase wire can also be configured as a Pulse or Isolated Pulse in the settings.

The original Surron speedo seems to be a volt meter, i.e., inputing 3v will display 20kmh, inputing 6v will display 40kmh.

I'm not sure how the analog wire works, when speed is 0 it gives out 0v. When speed is increased it shows around 0.8v and as the speed increases the volt will go down by around .01 steps. Perhaps its resistance based?

Ideally I'll be able to convey a way to convert one of those outputs from the controller to volt output that the speedo can understand.

Can anyone share some info on how this all works?

Hello. Im trying the same thing. How did you input 3volts etc to the surron speedometer? using what? Theres a + and - wires for the speedometer and then a third wire to measure speed/volts? how does that work and what do i use to input volts. tried to connect a regular 5v battery to that extra wire and speed would not show up still.

Back