Thanks, see update

elementary

10 W
I have a mystery display and learned the settings. see picture

There were no instructions for this display and it does not have a model number to search for a manual.

P1= 5 to 50 example 27.5 (assuming this is tire size}
P2= 0 to 255 MAGNET COUNT (46)
P3= 1,2,3 (display brightness)
P4= Miles/KM (select)
P5= 24,36,48 (select)
P6= 0-60 (minutes for sleep mode)
P7= 0-100 MAX SPEED in KM
P8= 1,2 NOT SURE but only "2" works
P9= 0000 THIS RESETS THE ODOMETER

display.jpg

elementary said:
HELP!
I have a mystery display and need your help... see picture
There were no instructions for this display and it does not have a model number to search for a manual.

Please help me set up this display because I have no clue what program modes P2, P7 and P8 are for and how they will impact the display and the 1500w hub motor.

I found it for sale, but not the manual...

P2= 0 to 255 I have no clue (higher numbers makes speedometer display slower)
P4= Miles/KM (select)
P5= 24,36,48 (select)
P7= 0-100 I have not clue
P8= 0 1,2 No clue but speedometer will not read MPH unless it set to “2”
P9= 0000 Not sure, but I assume it for a password setting

display.jpg
Since most displays will only work with controllers from the same manufacturer, it would be helpful to know which controller you are using.

HELP!
I have a mystery display and need your help... see picture

Please help me set up this display because I have no clue what program modes P2, P7 and P8 are for and how they will impact the display and the 1500w hub motor.

P2= 0 to 255 I have no clue (higher numbers makes speedometer display slower)
P4= Miles/KM (select)
P5= 24,36,48 (select)
P7= 0-100 I have no clue
P8= 0 1,2 No clue but speedometer will not read MPH unless it set to “2”
P9= 0000 Not sure, but I assume its for a password setting

Attachments

• display.jpg
    display.jpg
    34.9 KB · Views: 593
The controller is eBay generic from Yescom and it just states 1500w 48v with not other names... FYI, its working, just need to know how to set three thing correctly

elementary said:
The controller is eBay generic from Yescom and it just states 1500w 48v with not other names... FYI, its working, just need to know how to set three thing correctly

Based on your description, P2 is likely the number of magnets, if you have a direct drive motor. On a geared motor, it would be number of magnets times the gear reduction ratio. If you have a 9C clone direct drive motor, then try 46. Not sure about the others.

Thanks, that works! Now it seems the other is max speed...0-100... Most likely km.... now I wonder what 0-1-2 is all about...I am leaving it at 2

elementary said:
Thanks, that works! Now it seems the other is max speed...0-100... Most likely km.... now I wonder what 0-1-2 is all about...I am leaving it at 2

If you could post a link to the display you bought, it might be helpful in the future for people that encounter the same problem, or if they have a Yescom controller and are looking for a display that might work with one.

P7 might be max speed.
P8 maybe low, medium and high pedal assist
P9 is password i guess

P2 is probably the number of motor poles.

Back