Controller cables to one cable.

mongrol

100 mW
Hi Folks,
In my current build I have a KT controller with the usual stramash of JST connectors coming out of it. I remember my very first ebike kit had a controller to single HIGO loom thing that broke out into display, brakes, gears etc once it got to the handlebars. This kept things all neat and tidy. Does anyone know if these things are generally available anywhere or is it a case of getting the requisite plugs for each end and making one up myself?

I had a KT display kit that had one cable for the phase/sense, then another cable for display, and another cable for throttle. See video below, make note at 0:07

I've never seen all the controller wires into one big cable to a connector to plug in another connector with one cable, then it splice out to motor/display/throttle. Think of a vehicle main wiring harness. Picture below the video

[youtube]YKW_f-Jwgd4[/youtube]

11111.png

So it looks like these harnesses do exist but are for Julet connectors only. KT Controllers have a big nonsense of JST connectors coming out of them. Since the number of cores needed line up ok I may get one of these and see how well I can fit it into my controller. Would be nice to open the controller up and attached it directly in and remove the mess of JST's altogether. Then everythings nice and neat.

https://ebikeling.com/products/ebikeling-waterproof-kits-main-wiring-harness-cable

Back