Kids bikes on VESC4.20

agniusm

1 MW
Since i joined ES, made 3 kids and DIY shifted somewhat :) I have made couople small bikes for my kids using makita batteries ehich made a lot of sence. I used 795 motor with 26:1 planetary gearbox, hall throttle and VESC4.20. It feels i lack in power and i thought maybe my vesc settings are off. Since i am using brushed motor, cant really find what settings i should use.
Going by the chinese specs these motors are over 200W and with reduction i have it should have decent power for 6 and 4 yo.

k5PCTWA.jpg

hOqX7Ij.jpg

KlxSPqP.jpg

agniusm said:
Since i joined ES, made 3 kids and DIY shifted somewhat :) I have made couople small bikes for my kids using makita batteries ehich made a lot of sence. I used 795 motor with 26:1 planetary gearbox, hall throttle and VESC4.20. It feels i lack in power and i thought maybe my vesc settings are off. Since i am using brushed motor, cant really find what settings i should use.
Going by the chinese specs these motors are over 200W and with reduction i have it should have decent power for 6 and 4 yo.

k5PCTWA.jpg

hOqX7Ij.jpg

KlxSPqP.jpg

I was not even aware that VESC can do brushed motors, but than it should be way easier than brushless...
What's the motor KV and current you feed it to? 'POWER' is one thing, but torque is an other...

SlowCo said:
agniusm said:
Since i am using brushed motor, cant really find what settings i should use.

Why not use a simple PWM controller as it are brushed motors?: https://nl.aliexpress.com/item/1005001947028247.html

I have them but esc is smaller and more flexible. I can set max speed, power on it blus hall throttle. Those use pot's i believe so i would be limited to magura or domino and final price would be far higher

Back