Could you split this diabolical and dangerous diy ebike battery?

Wow that is certainly something! You say its potted in resin, so assuming some sort of epoxy or possibly polyester resin. Either would be very tough to deal with. There are some relatively nasty solvents that 'might' weaken the polyester a bit... methylene chloride and tetrahydrofuran come to mind. The epoxy would be even tougher. You could easily spend a pile of money on solvents and hours/days of your time only to find you still have a virtually unusable lump of battery.

If I had to do it, I think I might work to pretty that up a bit and see if you can sell it, then buy/build something more along the lines of what you need.

Good luck!

I could probably manage. I've dissected a few Rc lipo packs before. Removed a bad cell once and collapsed a 6s pack into a 5s pack.

Not for beginners or the faint of heart though.

Recommend you dremel/chisel/snip very carefully and dont bother with any nasty chemicals.

Hammer and really sharp chisel.
Go Michelangelo on it.
“The sculpture is already complete within the marble block, before I start my work. It is already there, I just have to chisel away the superfluous material.”

Back