Paralleling Small Series Packs

Hi.

Simple question.

This, technically, does not apply to an ebike build. But it could.

Rather it is for a very low current, low voltage bespoke LED picture light.

I have an LED strip which kicks into action around 9v.

At one end of the light I have a 3s1p Boston Power battery, tab welded, JST-XH pigtail and Pos/Neg discharge terminal.

At the other end of the light, an identical arrangement.

What I want to know is:-

*IS IT SAFE to parallel harness the negative and positive discharge terminals of both packs , bearing in mind that the packs are already a small series in and of themselves.

The intended effect of this is to combine the capacity of both packs so the light runs longer without needing a charge.

Charging is to be effected by a CubeE4 charger whereby the JST XH of each pigtail simply plugs into a cube for charging.

Thank you. :thumb:

There is a battery section.
Guessing the batteries are the same, volts and amps!
You can connect them, it's call "in parallel". The batteries need to be same voltage or within 0.01v. May need to charge one up more or run down the other. You can connect as many as you want.

If they are lithium and you don't do this they could over heat and damage the batteries and in the worst case cause a fire.

Use a multimeter to check them.
by The Mighty Volt » Oct 14 2021 3:53pm

Hi.

Simple question.

This, technically, does not apply to an ebike build. But it could.

Rather it is for a very low current, low voltage bespoke LED picture light.

I have an LED strip which kicks into action around 9v.

At one end of the light I have a 3s1p Boston Power battery, tab welded, JST-XH pigtail and Pos/Neg discharge terminal.

At the other end of the light, an identical arrangement.

What I want to know is:-

*IS IT SAFE to parallel harness the negative and positive discharge terminals of both packs , bearing in mind that the packs are already a small series in and of themselves.

The intended effect of this is to combine the capacity of both packs so the light runs longer without needing a charge.

Charging is to be effected by a CubeE4 charger whereby the JST XH of each pigtail simply plugs into a cube for charging.

Thank you. :thumb:

Back