Crystalyte 48V controller brake cut off wiring pinout

Hexar

1 µW
Hi Guys,
I recently purchased a used non-working converted electric mountain bike, and I am in the process of making it working.

The issue I am facing right now is how to connect the brake cut off connectors.

The electric cables from the bike's two brake levers were cut when I purchased the bike, so I don't have the end connectors. On the controller side, it has a 3-pin male brake cut off connector.

The controller is a Crystalyte 36-48V35A. Each of my brake levers just contains a on-off switch with two wires.

I wonder what is this 3-pin brake cut off connector's pinout?

Once I figured out the pinout, I can fabricate some type of connectors and make them work.

Thanks!
HH
20211027_144737.jpg

Probably it uses red, blue (or green, or white), and black for a three wire brake connector. Red is probably 5v to power a hall sensor brake lever, and black is ground. The remaining wire should be the brake signal, which is usually active low (braking when grounded).

If the levers are two wire, then they go between the signal and ground, normally.

If the levers are three wire, they would be wired red to red, black to black, and the last wire should be signal regardless of color.

If that doesnt' work you'd need to get out a voltmeter set to 20 Volts DC and measure what you get on the controller wires first, and then try connecting the lever wires relative to those measurements rather than just by color (which is not always "standard").

If you have a two wire controller connector and three wire levers, then the red wire from the lever can connect to the throttle red wire to power the lever sensor.

Back