Programming Ebikeling 750w Geared hub. Cannot find gear reduction ratio value.

Cursor-I-Am

10 mW
Hi all. I am programming the KT controller for my Ebikeling 750W motor. I know it has 16 magnets, 260rpm and 26" wheel, but I cannot find the gear reduction ratio. I have looked on their website as instructed in my controller programing video tutorial by Bolton Ebikes, but I came up short. So I thought "*Surely someone else has programmed a KT controller for an Ebikeling geared hub before, right?*" Does anyone else know what these values are?

Motor: https://ebikeling.com/collections/ebikeling-ebike-conversion-kit/products/750w-geared-ebike-conversion-kit

For this kind of info, I used to take my $10 ebike tester and connect it to the the Hall sensors. Then I would spin the motor backwards, because I only have geared motors, and count how many times one sensor would flash in one revolution, Result is magnets x gearing.

What makes you think that it is a KT controller ???

Attached is the parameter page for my ebikeling geared motor kit .... maybe it will prove useful.

Attachments

• Ebikeling_36V_500W_700C_Paramters xx.pdf
    64.9 KB · Views: 45
Manbeer said:
iirc it was 5:1 but could be a different model/long ago. try setting to 80

Thanks, looks like I guessed correctly lol.

LewTwo said:
What makes you think that it is a KT controller ???

Attached is the parameter page for my ebikeling geared motor kit .... maybe it will prove useful.

Ah, I bought a KT controller. Bought the wheel/motor separately. That actually helps, thank you.

Cursor-I-Am said:
Hi all. I am programming the KT controller for my Ebikeling 750W motor. I know it has 16 magnets, 260rpm and 26" wheel, but I cannot find the gear reduction ratio. I have looked on their website as instructed in my controller programing video tutorial by Bolton Ebikes, but I came up short. So I thought "*Surely someone else has programmed a KT controller for an Ebikeling geared hub before, right?*" Does anyone else know what these values are?

Motor: https://ebikeling.com/collections/ebikeling-ebike-conversion-kit/products/750w-geared-ebike-conversion-kit
I am about to pull the trigger on ordering the ebikeling rear 750watt wheel and a sine wave KT controller. What did you end up using for the P1 setting? Did you use a sine wave controller? What did you use for C2 Motor Phase Classification Coding Mode?

Tonymark said:
Cursor-I-Am said:

I am about to pull the trigger on ordering the ebikeling rear 750watt wheel and a sine wave KT controller. What did you end up using for the P1 setting? Did you use a sine wave controller? What did you use for C2 Motor Phase Classification Coding Mode?
Responding to myself. I set C2 to 0 and he motor works fine. I do wonder if anything would change with other settings. Also, I used KT-V12L PAS for my build. The C1 setting has to be set to 7 for this sensor.

Motor: 36V 750W Geared Ebike Conversion Kits

P1 Motor Characteristic Parameter Setting

P1 Display
The P1 settings are a motor characteristic parameter where: P1 = Motor Gear Reduction Ratio × Number of Rotor Magnets Rounding to a full number is necessary.

The P1 setting ranges between 1 and 255.

Back