72v Controller suggestion

EZgo

1 W
Hi folks. I am an ebikekit.com dealer (https://www.ebikekit.com/) that has been out of the bike business for about 5 years now due to a medical issue. I am looking for a 72V 100 amp controller from preferably someone that could help me sort out the wiring and maybe even install the proper motor connector for me. (I have the plug but my soldering skills have become a little rusty) My details are as follows:

About six months ago I finally got a functioning knee back and got my 72 volt ebike back into operation. It ran perfectly for about a month, as it always has done, and then one morning suddenly quit. After some troubleshooting I eventually narrowed it down to the Lynn Extreme Controller which Edward Lynn had built for me in 2016.

Although I don't think Lynn is actively building controllers any longer he did agree to troubleshoot my controller and repair it. He has now had it for about six weeks and although I have complete faith that he will fix it and get it back to me. Just in case, I 'm attempting to come up with a plan B.

The bike itself was originally built using a 2015 48V kit from ebikekit.com. It's a 1000 Watt direct drive unit which is essentially a 9 Continent clone. I soon thereafter modified it with a 72 volt Samsung battery from Luna Cycle a V3 Cycle Analyst & the 100 amp Lynn Controller. Lynn built the controller for me and installed the necessary plug ends so that I did not have to do anything other than plug it in to my 72 volt battery and my ebikekit.com wiring.

The bike ran perfectly for about 2 years until my medical issue knock me out of the game.

It sat for about 4 years until six months ago when I put it back into service with a brand new 72 volt Samsung battery. The new battery uses the Samsung 21700 4000mAh 30A Cells. Here are the symptoms & my troubleshooting methods:

With the rear wheel off the ground when I give it throttle it jerks (vibrates) forward and or backwards depending on its mood.

I trouble shot this issue by first ruling out the throttle, then any wiring connections and then the V3 Cycle Analyst unit. Grin in Vancouver helped me to rule out any possible Cycle Analyst issues. I have also installed a new twist grip throttle even though the old throttle worked fine. (just to be sure)

That left me with the Lynn controller or a phase wire issue with the direct drive hub motor. I eliminated the hub motor by parking my wife's 48 volt ebike next to mine & connecting her ebikekit.com plug (same vintage) directly into my hub motor plug. I used her throttle, her wiring & her original 48 volt ebikekit.com controller. My motor ran fine even under load.

If anyone has a suggestion for a replacement for my 72 volt Lynn controller AND OR, if there's a possibility that a hub motor might run on 48 volts but not on 72 volts I would appreciate and welcome any suggestions. Thanks

Anything infineon based will do!!! If it's a serious tool you use, I'd vouch for a grintech sinewave regen controller, then i'd add hot glue to the wires so they don't wiggle so the controller wires are firm and cosy, and then i'd expect 5 years of perfect performance from it because they are good.

Back