150 AMP bus bars for 26650 3P

galitay122

1 mW
Hello everyone.

I am in the midst of assembling a 24s3P pack from 72 ANR26650m1-B cells.

3p with 3 cells rated for 50a continuous each, should allow me to pull 150 amps continuously.
Now I wonder, which nickel do I need to use for 50amps series connection between each cell, and how do I make a bus bar that will withstand 150amps and 300 burst.

Hello everyone.

3p with 3 cells rated for 50a continuous each, should allow me to pull 150 amps continuously.
Now I wonder, which nickel do I need to use for 50amps series connection between each cell, and how do I make a bus bar that will withstand 150amps and 300 burst.

galitay122 said:
Hello everyone.

So it looks like the cells have a 2.5Ah capacity, so 3P would be 7.5Ah. So that's a full 3 minutes at 150A before the cells are completely dead (the bike won't be too peppy in the last minute or so though), unless you do a few 300A bursts; which means a couple of minutes of riding. Are you building it for a closed short track racing or for drag racing?

This is for a city power ebike with a rear hub motor. Not looking for tons of range, just to be able to cruise at big power.
I won’t be pulling 150A ALL the time , and it is a temporary module, I am in some time will parallel it with another 72 cell module so I will have 15Ah and possibility for 300A continuous and put it with a Nucular 24F

0.3mm pure nickel or 2 x 0.15mm works for me.

Jonno

Many A123 26650 cans were aluminum not nickel plated steel.

Nickel has very high electrical resistance sadly. This is what permits it to resistance spot weld nicely, but also what makes it poor for high current cell interconnects.

I don't advise soldering to any cylinder cell of any type, but some exotic solders and fluxes can let an aluminum can to aluminum bus bar joint happen. Could it be done without damage to the cell is sadly not likely.

why not compression from some strong, high-temp resistant rubber bands or some other method of compression and a spot of conductive grease? it could be risky depending on exactly how done and the fact the bands will eventually lose their squeeze but it can take a very long time.

Hi everyone i got 72 26650 Lithiumwerks anr26650 cells.
I want to build 24s3p.
I cant seem to do copper nickel sandwich.
How can i weld the 3p to handle 150a? Nickel on nickel?

I still reccomend copper and nickel sandwitch. It's proving to be the most effective way to handle high amperage for DIY builders.

Hey everyone!
I want to weld 72 ANR26650 50A cells in 24s3p config.

I want to make every series connection able to handle 50A so 3p would handle 150A.

I cant seem to weld copper nickel sandwich to the positives. Only 0.2mm nickel will catch. 0.3 doesnt catch at 300J with kWeld.

Hello everyone
I have 24 26650 cells, rated for 50A continuous each.
It seems the positive side is made of aluminum and so I cannot use the copper nickel sandwich method but only weld pure 0.2mm nickel.
I want to make this 3P be able to handle some 100 amps continuously. Any suggestions? Should i stack nickel sheets maybe?

Back