vesc 75100 ESC Hardware and firmware open source

ypl

10 mW
I am the original author of 75100 hardware.I'm still a student and like DIY E-bike.

Due to my personal reasons, the schematic has not been completed. At present, there are only PCB files with chaotic component annotation and source code.There are also some typical features in the hardware design. Some resistors and capacitors are saved in some places, which is not a very perfect thing.

This is the 75100 which I have been working on for the last year March.

During this period, I made several 75100 by hand and sold them on the second-hand trading platform in order to test the stability of the scheme.

The hardware definition of 75100 is changed based on the hardware definition of 100250. The ADC channel, shunt setting and partial voltage setting are reconfigured, and phase filter, redundant temperature sensor and other peripherals are removed.
The maximum current of the firmware is defined as 120amps and the maximum voltage is 120V. This is determined by the range of the shunt and voltage dividing resistance, not MOSFETs.

I have made two versions, one using stm32f405rgt6 and the other using stm32f407igh6.
At the same time, I also made a 75200, but the production process is more difficult.Because the copper column is difficult to accurately weld on the aluminum substrate,This is almost impossible to mass produce.

I modified the overcurrent protection part of the firmware, because in VESC, the overcurrent protection does not directly depend on the sampling value of a shunt, but the motor current calculated from three shunts. If the MOSFET fails, the current of a shunt will be very large, but the program will not return an error, Therefore, I modified the program so that when the Slow ABS Current Limit is False, the overcurrent protection is directly based on the value sampled on the shunt, and when the Slow ABS Current Limit is True, it is based on the original overcurrent protection.

I downloaded the firmware people got from flipsky fs75100 from the Internet and downloaded it to my hardware. Based on this, I can conclude that the firmware was obtained from a 75100 I had previously sold, and its version is 3.00.Later, I learned that the staff of flipsky bought two 75100 from me, but I didn't know who the buyer was at that time.
The price of the two 75100 is 750 yuan, or about 118 dollars, which is very cheap.But in fact, my material cost is $25 per ESC.

The reason for publishing this article is that I saw a product very similar to the 75100 I was using on the Internet. I searched on the Internet and found that the address and telephone number of the consignee I bought were consistent with those on the flipsky website.

Recently, I downloaded the beta version of VESC code and recompiled the newer 75100 firmware.

https://github.com/1611048264/vesc

Now you can experience the latest features of VESC on 75100, such as MTPA and field weakening.

This is some news about 75100 on the Internet.
https://forum.esk8.news/t/how-to-update-firmware-on-the-flipsky-75100-foc-esc/61819

psc (1).jpgpsc (2).jpgpsc (3).jpgpsc (4).jpgpsc (5).jpgpsc (6).jpgpsc.jpg未命名.png

Attachments

• QQ图片20220209051201.jpg
    QQ图片20220209051201.jpg
    162 KB · Views: 3,080
But this is still an e-bike / e-scooter ESC after all. I hope you can share this with more people

Why would this only be an ebike ESC?
Is it not a controller for a brushless motor? That can be used in all kind of applications?

Most people that have the knowledge to contribute would probably find the thread sooner in the "motor technology" section. But I could be wrong.

SlowCo said:
Is it not a controller for a brushless motor? That can be used in all kind of applications?

Most people that have the knowledge to contribute would probably find the thread sooner in the "motor technology" section. But I could be wrong.
Well, mainly because I want more e-scooter\e-bike players to know about it, and the main audience of this thing is also them

SlowCo said:

Flipsky didn't abide by the open source agreement, took my firmware to mass produce products, but couldn't provide the source code,

So if I understand correctly you sold two boards without the files and flipsky dumped your FW and reversed your work?

You didn't set RDP on the chip ?

When I sell my work, I short two pins on the MCU discreetly and the device boots only if those pins are shortened. This way if someone is able to dump the fw eventhough with RDP level >= 1 and reverse the hdw, it's totally unusable.

atkforever said:
So if I understand correctly you sold two boards without the files and flipsky dumped your FW and reversed your work?

You didn't set RDP on the chip ?

When I sell my work, I short two pins on the MCU discreetly and the device boots only if those pins are shortened. This way if someone is able to dump the fw eventhough with RDP level >= 1 and reverse the hdw, it's totally unusable.

After all, this is the use of open source VESC, so there are no protection measures for the code

I am the original author of 75100 hardware.I'm still a student and like DIY E-bike.

Due to my personal reasons, the schematic has not been completed. At present, there are only PCB files with chaotic component annotation and source code.There are also some typical features in the hardware design. Some resistors and capacitors are saved in some places, which is not a very perfect thing.

This is the 75100 which I have been working on for the last year March.

During this period, I made several 75100 by hand and sold them on the second-hand trading platform in order to test the stability of the scheme.

The hardware definition of 75100 is changed based on the hardware definition of 100250. The ADC channel, shunt setting and partial voltage setting are reconfigured, and phase filter, redundant temperature sensor and other peripherals are removed.
The maximum current of the firmware is defined as 120amps and the maximum voltage is 120V. This is determined by the range of the shunt and voltage dividing resistance, not MOSFETs.

I have made two versions, one using stm32f405rgt6 and the other using stm32f407igh6.
At the same time, I also made a 75200, but the production process is more difficult.Because the copper column is difficult to accurately weld on the aluminum substrate,This is almost impossible to mass produce.

I modified the overcurrent protection part of the firmware, because in VESC, the overcurrent protection does not directly depend on the sampling value of a shunt, but the motor current calculated from three shunts. If the MOSFET fails, the current of a shunt will be very large, but the program will not return an error, Therefore, I modified the program so that when the Slow ABS Current Limit is False, the overcurrent protection is directly based on the value sampled on the shunt, and when the Slow ABS Current Limit is True, it is based on the original overcurrent protection.

I downloaded the firmware people got from flipsky fs75100 from the Internet and downloaded it to my hardware. Based on this, I can conclude that the firmware was obtained from a 75100 I had previously sold, and its version is 3.00.Later, I learned that the staff of flipsky bought two 75100 from me, but I didn't know who the buyer was at that time.
The price of the two 75100 is 750 yuan, or about 118 dollars, which is very cheap.But in fact, my material cost is $25 per ESC.

The reason for publishing this article is that I saw a product very similar to the 75100 I was using on the Internet. I searched on the Internet and found that the address and telephone number of the consignee I bought were consistent with those on the flipsky website.

Recently, I downloaded the beta version of VESC code and recompiled the newer 75100 firmware.

https://github.com/1611048264/vesc

Now you can experience the latest features of VESC on 75100, such as MTPA and field weakening.

This is some news about 75100 on the Internet.
https://forum.esk8.news/t/how-to-update-firmware-on-the-flipsky-75100-foc-esc/61819

psc (1).jpgpsc (2).jpgpsc (3).jpgpsc (4).jpgpsc (5).jpgpsc (6).jpgpsc.jpgQQ图片20220209051201.jpg未命名.png

ypl said:
current of the firmware is defined as 120amps and the maximum voltage is 120V. This is determined by the range of the shunt and voltage dividing resistance, not MOSFETs..

Idk if you are aware of this but some people updated Fw and set phase current to 150amps, it runs fine without hardware modification.
I Guess you don't have a flipsky board but what's your opinion about this?

https://forum.esk8.news/t/how-to-update-firmware-on-the-flipsky-75100-foc-esc/61819/60

This is really nice. Very tidy, and cool that you've ported it to a different controller (was it as simple as just uploading the same firmware to the other chip?).

I think I'll borrow your overcurrent implementation for next time I build VESC firmware. Much much faster and safer than the default Vedder uses IMO.

Few questions though...

Where are your bus capacitors?

What's your dcdc converter? Never seen that one before. Could be useful if you've found another 100V one during our silicon apocalypse.

Then... Next question. Why don't you "finish" it and manufacture/sell? The flipsky one seems really popular at 100usd. No doubt many would be happy to buy your original one.

atkforever said:
ypl said:
current of the firmware is defined as 120amps and the maximum voltage is 120V. This is determined by the range of the shunt and voltage dividing resistance, not MOSFETs..

Idk if you are aware of this but some people updated Fw and set phase current to 150amps, it runs fine without hardware modification.
I Guess you don't have a flipsky board but what's your opinion about this?

https://forum.esk8.news/t/how-to-update-firmware-on-the-flipsky-75100-foc-esc/61819/60
The range of the shunt is about 160A. I think if it is set too high, it may not work normally. For example, the overcurrent protection will fail, or it is easy to trigger faults frequently, so it is limited to 120a.

hi ypl, i just bought the 75100from flipsky, then i learned that they didn't respect vedders work and now it turns out that flipsky also stole your design. i think this is outrageous and flipsky deserve a solid shitstorm for their disgusting behaviour. at least your brilliant design made it possible to get an affordable vesc 6 for higher voltages. many thanks and lots of respect for your work!

Do these 75100 Vesc versions have different amp limits based on hardware?

https://spintend.com/collections/frontpage/products/75v-100a-single-esc-single-ubox-based-on-vesc

https://www.makerx-tech.com/collections/x-esc/products/makerx-go-foc-hi100-75v-100a-base-on-75300-hardware-pre-sale

One claims 200 amp peak and the other only states a continuous possible output of 100. Im wondering what motor and battery current settings I can safely program. Also what max regen current?

Can someone help to make it at higher than 72v nominal?
https://endless-sphere.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=114614&sid=504a2f1add61a6def769143ed32f6786

Hi, can you elaborate more on this please?

Back