Luna Fixed Stealth Reliability and Display Questions

OpenStealth

1 µW
Hello Endless Sphere!

I recently purchased a Luna Fixed Stealth, I have been fairly happy in the few days of ownership so far, but while looking into details of the SW102-2 display I found some specifications on the controller that look a little concerning for longevity of the bike. Some pictures I have found lead me to believe the older controller is likely a Lishui controller rated for ~200w of continuous use (max ~400w), I am guessing that the "upgraded" version in my bike is only rated for ~250w of continuous use (max ~500w). I am similarly curious about the motor, which I am guessing is a Bofeili motor, probably also rated for peak 500w (and maybe peak 400w for older versions).

These power ratings indicate to me that there is a possibility of failure in the controller and/or motor if the bike is continuously used at the highest level of pedal assist for long periods of time. While I did not opt for the extended warranty because my credit card will supposedly warranty the purchase for a year, I would like to avoid needing to replace any parts or the bike itself.

Also for some reason Luna is advertising the Fixed Stealth as coming with a color 500c display where as the one I received is a black and white SW102-2 display (which is very difficult/impossible to see in bright light).

As a user of the Luna Fixed Stealth I would like to use the highest levels of pedal assist for short periods of time in order to avoid burning out the components. Checking with Bluetooth (BLE) I found the display transmitting some unknown characteristics along with the capability to update the firmware over BLE using Nordic semiconductor utilities. Otherwise I have been unable to find an app to successfully use any of the Bluetooth information coming from the display. I did however find an Open Source E-Bike firmware that looks compatible with these displays: https://github.com/OpenSourceEBike/TSDZ2_wiki/wiki#other-tsdz2-projects, as well as information on how to dump the current firmware by cutting into the device to expose a serial interface.

All of this leads me to several questions:
  • Can anyone speak to peak vs continuous wattage and longevity of components at highest pedal assist settings?
  • Does this SW102 display (or the 500c display) currently use any GPL code?
  • Can anyone provide the stock firmware for the displays?
  • Has anyone tried or been able to use an open source firmware that is compatible with this combination of controller & motor?

Many thanks & best regards,
- OpenStealth

(cross posted from https://electricbike.com/forum/foru...xed-stealth-reliability-and-display-questions)

Back