Connect uart BMS to BBS02b to display battery info on DPC18

CKoyote

1 µW
Does anybody know if it is possible to connect an UART capable BMS to the BBS02b controller?

I had a BMS failure and since then i suspect some cells to have been degraded. I replaced the BMS with a UART capable one. I have the DPC18 v1. It show no battery info obviously since there is no wires installed between Bafang controller and BMS, yet.

I was thinking of some split for the green plug and have tx/rx connect to the BMS with UART rx/tx since the controller in the BBS02b lacks this input. I am a noob yes. But this "hack", if possible, would be better than taking the battery apart again every month or so to check on individual paralel cells.
After normal charging time the charger stops and restarts several times up to 5 hours after to what i suppose is balancing the cells. I would like to know what is going on in there.

I could not find such a project yet. Anny help is much appreciated.

Oh and this; The original failed BMS was a simple 15Amp Chinese one by Ali E. Greenergy supplied 48V battery of 13,5 Ah.
Which surprised me because I asked for a battery that could handle BBS02b 750Watts. I contacted them and they said it was allright with 15A BMS. Well, i replaced it with a 30A uart version since i configured 18amps on my controller and use thumb throttle for uphill on PAS9. Thus I kick the battery now and then pretty hard and I think i wore the 15A original bms down.
It quit on me when I did push the thumb throttle down on a steep bridge in 2nd gear. My fault.

Back