Where to get display, cables for Currie/TranzX hub motor?

Chalo

100 TW
I salvaged a rear hub motor from the donation stream at the community bike shop where I work. I had assumed it was a normal brushless hub motor with a proprietary plug on it, but the number of high current pins told me that wasn't the case:

IMG_20220504_150015743~2.jpg

A little more research showed me that the hub contains an internal controller. So....

Does anybody here know where to find a display for this thing, and a cable that would allow me to attach at least the display, a battery, and a throttle?

It bums me out to think that the nicely made hub could be only a doorstop at this point. One of the longtime volunteers wants to motorize her dog hauling trike, and this might be a decent option for her if I can make it work.

Anyway to gut the motor electronics leaving only the phase wires and hall sensors connect to enable you to attach a generic controller?

:D :bolt:

e-beach said:
Anyway to gut the motor electronics leaving only the phase wires and hall sensors connect to enable you to attach a generic controller?

I thought about that, but it implies an amount of surgery that costs more in labor and supplies than the residual value of the motor. Fine if I'm volunteering my time or just messing around, but since it's at my workplace, I'd like to keep it as straightforward as possible.

Chalo said:
....but since it's at my workplace, I'd like to keep it as straightforward as possible.

Understood. I used to have some clients that would want me to meet them places to get my check, only they wouldn't be where they said they were going to be at the agreed upon time. I finally told them I was going to charge them for the time waiting while they do whatever and I am burning my time waiting for them. And I did. They started paying me promptly after that.

This site lists some tranzx parts; this is the displays link
https://hollandbikeshop.com/en-gb/bicycle-parts-electric-bicycle/tranzx-e-bike-parts/tranzx-displays-parts/tranzx-display/

Only one I found with potentially useful info and perhaps actual parts, htough I don't know if any of them are for the one you have there.

Back