Motor noises when using KT Controller

bergwerk

1 µW
Hello,

I have been driving my bike for about a year now (Voilamart 1000W with a 48V battery and a smart BMS with bluetooth) and it is running without problems but the controller the kit came with is really not the best. It has some weird behavior at certain speeds/loads and it is overall 'not very smart' ;)

I bought a KT controller with bluetooth (kt48zwsrktb-sjt02lb) but I can't get the motor to run properly.

The motor turns but there are clicking noises. The noises are so loud that I think it's too big of an issue so I didn't even try to drive it like this.
An interesting fact is, that there are no noises if I lift the wheel up from the ground and accelerate. So the noise only occurs under load.

I thought that it could be a hallsensor order problem so I switched the blue and the green wire but then the motor doesn't even turn so I thought that the problem couldn't be in that area.

Oh, and it still runs fine when I switch back to the old controller so the motor isn't damaged or anything.

I'm out of my very few ideas ;)
Help would be much appreciated.

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 356
bergwerk said:
An interesting fact is, that there are no noises if I lift the wheel up from the ground and accelerate. So the noise only occurs under load.

Do you have a way to see what power the motor is consuming when the wheel is off the ground and you're at full throttle? If it's something under 100W (~50 or 60), then it's more likely the hall and phase combos are correct. If it's consuming more than that, then it's likely they are the wrong combo. If it turns out to be a wiring combo issue, report back, and there's some links and diagrams that will help you troubleshoot in a methodical fashion.

bergwerk said:
The motor turns but there are clicking noises. The noises are so loud that I think it's too big of an issue so I didn't even try to drive it like this.

Most of these controllers have a self-learn function for hall/phase combination to make the motor run correctly. Have you used this yet?

If not, it is probably a pair of single wires of the same color with mating connectors that fit only to each other.

Hi, i have this controller with a Carbon Speed Cycles 1500w motor..

I have this exact same problem.

I followed the suggestions above, my wattage at full throttle with wheel in air is 350w - which suggests hall sensor mixup?

Mine is a new install - never run.
I'm not sure if my P and C numbers are correct in the LCD8H though.

Can anyone guide me to these diagnostic processes please?
(My controller doesn't seem to have a learning wire)

Do i need to change wires over? Which ones?

(Thankyou)

Back