Voltage LCD stays on even though bike is switched off

apprisco

10 mW
Hi all, I shouldn't really be concerned about this as the lcd eats up ~1w at maximum, but I noticed that my voltage display turns on even when I power the scooter off(using the switch in the display.)
I was very confused, so I just took a multimeter and read the voltage in between the power wire and ground on my ESC, and sure enough, I was reading the battery voltage. Is there any way to stop the LCD from powering on when the ESC is turned off?
(For reference, the motors don't spin.)

I'm just worried as the LCD display can go down below 60V and still function, meaning if I leave the bike on it may discharge below rechargeable level, and brick the 1000$ battery pack.

Thanks!

Another question: Does anyone know where I could possibly get a pin that holds the adjustable handlebar in place? The poor thing disappeared out of nowhere, and my handlebar now refuses to stay in place. The bent "spring" is still there, just the pin is missing.

apprisco said:
Hi all, I shouldn't really be concerned about this as the lcd eats up ~1w at maximum, but I noticed that my voltage display turns on even when I power the scooter off(using the switch in the display.)
I was very confused, so I just took a multimeter and read the voltage in between the power wire and ground on my ESC, and sure enough, I was reading the battery voltage. Is there any way to stop the LCD from powering on when the ESC is turned off?
(For reference, the motors don't spin.)

I'm just worried as the LCD display can go down below 60V and still function, meaning if I leave the bike on it may discharge below rechargeable level, and brick the 1000$ battery pack.

Thanks!
What specific display is it? Which controller is it (ESC)? (links to the purchase pages may have info that helps us help you).

What is the actual wiring of the system? (without knowing what connects where, we can't say why power is still present one place vs another).

apprisco said:
Another question: Does anyone know where I could possibly get a pin that holds the adjustable handlebar in place? The poor thing disappeared out of nowhere, and my handlebar now refuses to stay in place. The bent "spring" is still there, just the pin is missing.
What brand and model adjustable handlebar is it?

It matters if you want us to help you find a part for it. Without that, or pictures that might show us what it needs to fit into / how it works, I'ts pretty tough for us to guess wha specific part it might be or where to get one.

Remember; we're not there with you, and we can't see anything you don't show us, or know anything you don't tell us.

If you don't know what the handlebar is but it came with the bike, then the brand and model / etc of the bike may help us help you find the part.

Back