Uu motor FOC controller for ebike?

littletwenty

1 µW
Hi all,

Apologies in advance it this is dreadful dumb question for 1st post here!

My mate swears by phaserunner controller but these are unavailable for the moment and after some searching this on from uu motor looks pretty decent... is there any reason why these uu motor controllers cant or shouldn't be used on an ebike?

https://www.uumotor.com/programable-60v-50a-sine-wave-brushless-motor-controller.html

Afik these are more the kind of thing found on large mobility scooters, but they look attractive for ebike build due to being powerful, compact and programmable. The only issue I can see is they are not waterproof so would need a box.

Most controllers are not waterproof (no matter what they tell you on the sales site ;) ); unless they're potted and sealed like the PR, water can usually get in there one way or another.

Mounting in a box...remember these things get hot, so they need ventilation, or heatsinking to the outside air where that can happen.

If the controller is rated to provide the power you need at the battery voltage you have, and has the features you need it to have, there's no reason you can't use it for whatever project you have in mind.

It certainly seems to be adequately rated. I just couldnt really find and reference to these controllers in respect of ebikes, though it looks like that is one of the control modes in the software.

Back