Bafang torque sensing bottom bracket

machanic

1 W
.Need help with specs on this bottom bracket, the information I have found on line is conflicting.

Attachments

• 16527177887838306801834419541930.jpg
    16527177887838306801834419541930.jpg
    3.3 MB · Views: 512
What information have you already found? (with links, if possible)

This will help us help you without us having to do all the same searching (the less time we have to use for that, the more we will have to help you).

Thanks. What is conflicting about it? I only see one information set, the pinout, that appears to be self-consistent. :?
machanic said:
The pinout link I hope. Great that worked.

Attachments

• Pinout%20BAFANG%20BB-Torque-Sensor.PNG-1[1].png
    Pinout%20BAFANG%20BB-Torque-Sensor.PNG-1[1].png
    37.4 KB · Views: 477
machanic said:
One thing I need to know is if it is indexed on instillation is there a up and down?
Do you mean for the connector, or for the entire BB unit?

If the connector, the pinout appears to show an indexing mark.

If the BB unit, the two I have experience with (THUN and TDCM) both have specific installation requirements in their installation guides for angles relative to the chain pull forces, so that they correctly detect the torque across them. I expect this one probably does, too, but without the installation document specifying how to do this, it might be a try-until-it-works scenario. :(

I meant alignment for the unit itself, the utube install guides make no mention of it but do show drilling a hole in the bottom of the bb and snaking the wire through it which would kind of key the unit. There are alignment marks for the sprocket carrier and crank arms.

It's possible that it is position/angle agnostic; depends on how it's sensor is designed to work, and that I haven't found any references for.

Some use sensors embedded in the actual crankshaft (TSDZ2; weakens the shaft though); some use them in a "ring" on the crankshaft by the bearing, some in the casing, etc; some are strain gauges, some are magnetically-controlled hall sensors (moving the magnet slightly by deformation of the crankshaft/etc changes the reading), and so on. Plenty of room for variation and so it could work without being in any specific position.

Some sensors (erider) have different versions with the wire coming out in different places for different BB shell / frame designs. If this one is like that, it might still have specific placement requirements but not knowing which version you wouldn't know which way it was meant to point. :/

My guess is that if the install guide (if it's from the manufacturer, or a dealer/etc that has successfully used them) shows a particular way of doing it (only one install or several installs shown but with only one install orientation), that's the "best" way to get the results it needs. If there's no particular way shown (meaning, they show several installs, each of which has a different orientation) then it probably doesn't matter.

Well after reviewing the video of the installation guide a dozen or more times I noticed the reference to the alignment mark, considering its importance it's only a brief second or two on the video and it looks more like a bit of sealant then a alignment mark but it goes up.

Attachments

• 20220516_182452.jpg
    20220516_182452.jpg
    4.3 MB · Views: 458
machanic said:
Basicly I have the wiring pinout and color code.

Thank you for translating my table :wink:

https://www.pedelecforum.de/forum/index.php?threads/funktionsprinzip-bafang-drehmomentsensor.56636/post-1027119

regards
stancecoke

index.php

Back