Battery amp and controllers

Amb

1 µW
I recently purchased a stand up electric scooter. It was brand new 0km on it. After farther investigation I noticed the front controller was not working and broken inside so I ordered a new one and this one isn’t working either. Now I believe it is the battery. I have a 60v, battery capacity 26Ah inside the scooter with 2 DC brushless controllers both are 60V 45A. Is this battery big enough to run both motors or did they use the wrong battery. Also when I plug in the second controller to the battery it sparks.

The scooter brand is MZ chaser.
Thanks.

It's pretty normal to have sparking hooking up, it's the capacitors in the controller charging up.
Usually people aren't unplugging a battery much, if it's a problem there's pre charge setups to prevent it.
There could be a lots of stuff keeping it from running, like the BMS on the battery, or the throttle etc... Do you have a digital voltmeter yet?

does the rear motor work ? If so the battery is ok and the problem is either on the throttle wiring or on the controller of the front motor. You should use a pre-charge circuit to power it to avoid any damage.

Back