Baserunner regen via PAS down to 0 rpm

ypedal2

1 mW
Help !!!

Been unable to figure this one out and it's driving me bonkers......

Got a Hand-Cycle built with GMAC motor, 36v, 24 pole PAS .. Baserunner controller.

I got the regen to work well but it cuts out at 6 to 8 kph ... i want regen to go right down to 0 kph..

I have it set to 0 in the phaserunner software, same phase amps forward and regen ( 70 phase amps .. L10 version )

I have gone thru all the videos i can find, all the CA V3 menu options dozens of times.. google searched. etc.. just can't figure this one out.

anyone ?

still trying to figure this one out..

I tried setting the " Throttle Out " on the to " Throttle Min " from 1.00v to 0.00v and this effectively caused the bike to come to a stop and hold it's position because the regen voltage range kicks in and holds..... so the controller is doing it's part.

When i engage regen, i can see on the diagnostic screen on the CA that the voltage goes below 1.00v and down to 0.60v until i reach 6 kph or so then kicks back to 1.00v and regen goes away..

update.. got a reply from Justin on this, it's built into the firmware to work this way...

I asked about an option in the future to have a way to continue with regen while the cranks continue to be back-pedaled .. fingers crossed this can be done some day.

fyi.

ypedal2 said:
update.. got a reply from Justin on this, it's built into the firmware to work this way...

I asked about an option in the future to have a way to continue with regen while the cranks continue to be back-pedaled .. fingers crossed this can be done some day.

fyi.

Funny you mentioned this. My friend is visiting the east coast and tried a rental ebike for the first time, He said it was set up so that when you pedal backwards you get regen braking.

Back