KLS7230 to QS205 Controller Configuration

Ebikepilot

1 µW
Hey everyone! Finally got my bike put together enough to ride, and was hoping for some help on the configuration of the controller. When looking at the parameters, I'm not quite sure what I should be changing. I tried to search for this (as it seems like a pretty common combo), but couldn't find what I was looking for. I have a 72v30a battery, Kelly KLS7230 controller, and a QS205v3 motor (hubsink+statorade). I've done the initial motor identification, and everything checked out, no error codes. I've been able to ride it, and it seems to be running correctly. I understand the first page, changing the acceleration and whatnot, but I want to make sure that I have the motor information input correctly so I'm not doing any damage to the motor. Hoping someone could quickly post that page so I can get an idea of what is correct. Thanks for your time!

There's not much critical to set in the kelly program except battery current and phase current. If the autolearn worked and motor runs well then it's good basically. Use the temperature protection setting if you have a sensor (otherwise i'd install one if you're ok with doing mechanical stuff), without sensor be careful with overheating. If the motor shell starts getting hot enough to burn your hand regularly then you should lower the phase current a bit.

Put battery current lower than the BMS discharge protection limit if you use BMS, BMS is not supposed to trip during normal riding, only from fault.

Back