sabvoton controller 100amp visable issue, help identifying componets to replace, wont turn on

djmeeg

1 mW
Hi everyone, I have a sabvoton controller 100amp for a risun stealth bike. The controller when battery is connected to the bike is dead. So removed the conroller and opend it up. The PCB looks good for the most part but I think I located the issue. 2 of the chips i cicrcled either are blown or have legs missing. I cant quite make out the markings, I was hoping maybe someone on here knows what the chips are so i can replace them or someone in the UK who is able to maybe have a look at the controller?? Be great to get this sorted and the bike back on the road so any advice or help would be really great!

Also if theres anymore checks people think perhaps i should do please fire away !

Again any help would be mega usfual thanks everyon

Attachments

• BDD0A552-2A3C-4A9D-9F0B-84822C7A2612.JPG
    BDD0A552-2A3C-4A9D-9F0B-84822C7A2612.JPG
    6.4 MB · Views: 205
  • B6DC04D0-AA57-40AC-B02F-A258A1AADEB1.JPG
    B6DC04D0-AA57-40AC-B02F-A258A1AADEB1.JPG
    5.8 MB · Views: 206
Hi thanks for the reply, they load for me and on my mobile phone just checked. They may take a few seconds to load ??

I managed to read the text on the chips D6D2110 1716 but still no idea what they are

Probably a clone of these gate drivers
https://www.infineon.com/cms/en/product/power/gate-driver-ics/ir2110/

If the gate drivers blew up like that, the FETs would have had to fail catastrophically, too. It's possible for voltage feedback into the drivers that blows them up like that to be passed back to the MCU pins that control the gate driver chips, and that would damage or destroy the MCU as well.

It's also possible the LVPS low voltage power supply in the controller failed in a way that let battery voltage thru to the chips, which means that any other part powered by the failed part of the LVPS (the 15v at least, and possibly the 5v such as the MCU, throttle, motor halls, etc) would also be damaged or destroyed.

You can replace all the FETs and gate drivers and see if it still works, but at a few dollars per FET, plus gate driver cost, it's probably easier / cheaper to buy a new controller. :(

Hi thanks for the info and indentifying the damage components. I am sure you are right but also I wouldnt know where to order the right mosfet and drivers from. I guess the mosfets in the controller are copies too ?

They could be real (they cost a lot less when you buy thousands or more at a time ;) ). But they could be counterfeits, or even just not the part number stated (you'd have to look to find that last out). There are threads (one linked in Whatever's thread, I think) with info / pics on methods to figure out genuine vs counterfeit for whatever model FET was referenced. No guarantees just looking at them, but you can certain test them for various specifications to see if they match the real part's datasheets.

There are test procedures such as at http://ebikes.ca in the Learn Troubleshooting section to see if your FETs are actually blown or not.

Mouser, Farnell, Digikey, etc are places you can get genuine parts from. They have support to help you find the part you need, if necessary.

Back