Bafang BBS02b not turning on.

MiPerry

1 µW
So my kit is bbs02b with hailong downtube battery, dpc18 monitor.

Recently i got an "error code 30 communications error" and then i disconnected the harness wire (green) and reconnected it. It no longer turned on. I went back home and i checked the harness and one pin was twisted (on my reconnection trial). So i untwisted the pin and after that nothing works.

The issue was caused by wear and tear on the plug, it was not very tight, but i programmed the controller earlier so there was alot of plugging and unplugging. Also i move my bike in elevator often so the plug could have been too tight at times (which is my error at assembly).

I bought 2 new main cable harnesses from ebay, and got another dpc18 for testing purposes, and the dpc18 still does not turn on. So I checked the battery input and input connections with multimeter, they are fine so the motor gets power. I figured that either both of the new main cable harnesses are broken on arrival or the controller has blown. But then I read somewhere that even if controller is blown dpc18 should still turn on and now I am confused. If power goes in, why does my (confirmed working) dpc18 not turning on?

2000km was ridden before this :(

I just went through this with a customer last week - his display went bad (so he says) and he bought a new one and plugged it in only it didn't work. He then brought it to me to look at and I noticed he bent one of the pins on the display cable which shorted out the controller. Bike is now fine after new controller installation...

Kevin525 said:
I just went through this with a customer last week - his display went bad (so he says) and he bought a new one and plugged it in only it didn't work. He then brought it to me to look at and I noticed he bent one of the pins on the display cable which shorted out the controller. Bike is now fine after new controller installation...

Thanks for quick reply!

I think i'll just get a new controller from ebay, since the power probably comes to the monitor from the controller. Both wires i got can't be both bad xD. The only thing left would be the motor itself and it wouldn't make sense that the main harness could short it out.

Update:

Changing the controller fixed it. BUT:

All sensors were broken :D haha..

Seems like i shorted everything.

Well works now!

Back