10S Battery pack limits to P - 36v 10s 4,5,6

bobbill said:
Was going to expand pack from 10s3p...to 4 or more p is there a limit to "p" cells...besides space etc?

Are you using the additional Ps for range, or are you going to take advantage a greater current capability from the pack? If the latter, just make sure your S connections are sufficient to carry the extra current.

bobbill said:
Was going to expand pack from 10s3p...to 4 or more p is there a limit to "p" cells...besides space etc?
If a newer DIY build (fewer cycles) with Grade A cells expanding with same cells (4p vs 5p) then one factor is cost.

If you're going to go to the effort and can afford cost then a 5p configuration. Exception might be if 5p is more of a challenge than 4p using NESE modules. All depends on primary performance requirement ... range, power or both ?

If you're still using same Controller (20amp?) then 5p is more for extending riding range than an increase in power ?

Thanks. Guess, range is goal...and juice to go up grades.

Sort of settled on Grin Tech EZ hub kit for 36v 10s 4p kit using NESE modules...

And, as expected, no limits...

And will hook up like a skateboarder.

bobbill said:
Thanks. Guess, range is goal...and juice to go up grades.

Sort of settled on Grin Tech EZ hub kit for 36v 10s 4p kit using NESE modules...

And, as expected, no limits...

And will hook up like a skateboarder.

Ezee back in stock? Baserunner? Which grades?

Figured to go with EZ like last time...but all-axle got my attention...seems it will do hill! Am still making a choice 'tween them at 36v level!!!

Dang more complicated than gas...to me!

Figured to go with EZ like last time...but All-Axle motor got my attention...seems it will do hill! Am still making a choice 'tween them at 36v level!!!

Dang more complicated than gas...to me! HS physics notwithstanding...

My 9C will do a hill. Unless you’re climbing Garvin Heights so will the EZee!

bobbill said:
Hi! 21 degree grade...

You have an All Axle (Grin) motor?

Ah, so steeper than the steepest street in the world? This is the 3rd steepest at 35% (just over 19 degrees), but your's is 3% steeper, and 1% more than the steepest. Google map link?
shutterstock-581479690.jpg

Close, but my measurements might be a couple degrees off...fairly steep, but isn't it best to be off a bit? Figure EZ kit maakes most sense. not a speeder.

@ Tom...Have yard full of golden rod and milk weed....neighbors no like, surely....and have seen only 6 monarchs and we used to see them lots...FWIW...Figure, if they can do 3,000 miles to eat, I can offer some help.

Sugar Loaf Road is steep, but does not go to the "Rock..." Glen Echo Road or Lane are as steep, however. More than 10%.

E-HP said:
Ah, so steeper than the steepest street in the world? This is the 3rd steepest at 35% (just over 19 degrees), but your's is 3% steeper, and 1% more than the steepest.

Maybe is riding up sugar loaf bluff? ;) :pancake:

Why not a BBSxx series motor? My 36V BBS01B 500W (and old 350W) are billy goats.

bobbill said:
Weight? Grin's All-Axle is CNC's by order, very light!

Aside: Monarchs like Goldenrod?

How will weight negatively affect your ride? The All-Axle is a fine motor. But given your skill level, maybe not a great choice?

TSDZ2 and BBSxx motors are very well supported. That said, are you telling us your eZee can't make the grade? Or is it your battery fiascos that are the issue?

What does the Grin simulator reveal? As I read it a 10% grade, no input from you, and 100% throttle on a 250RPM version with a 36V battery will climb at 10MPH and take nearly 20 minutes to overheat. What's the problem?

Golden Rod is a major food source for Monarchs. But a nightmare for neighbors with allergies.

EZ motors are fine and low cost...but intrgued by the All Axle idea...but did EZ and liked...

True my battery adventures are odd...but figure I can do...and if not, dim...

Am now doing a 7s job for mower, using easily replace able NESE modules...no more madness tearing apart a pack to tind low cell, which causes problem

As to neighbors and goldenrod...Monarks love them, so screw those near sleds who use gas and DDT, etc...in fact, Nat Sci teacher next door has more milkweed and goldens than moi...and love your site...we are both mature dodgers, but am low noob when it comes to e stuff...and,
must love dogs...

Thanks, will keep the posted...on which motor I buy...All Acle or EZ...Grin agrrees with yoy re hill and it...EZ was is fine for my hill...and like your numbers...still cannot read Grin's thingy...am dim and trusting...bad combo is what it is...CF bike has new tires now...the 26" Dynamik...

So, does a spendy bike need spendy motor?

Will see, but do like the All Axle offering...bought bike used a bit ago...is fun...muss love mutts! Cats kill...all the best over there...used to think you lived in Winona...but know better now.

Back