Replicate function of Lime/Bird

lanceRomance

1 µW
As most of you are aware by now of how Lime/Bird scooters work - after paying for time on their unit, it unlocks/enables the ability to power the device and drive until your time or money runs out.

I am wondering how to achieve this for my bike with same functionality on a hardware/technical level? Do I need programmable access to my controller?

From the initial research I have done, it seems as though I may need a set of circuits or module on my own PCB board and have that receive input from a phone/device. I am hoping some of you might be able to point me in the right direction here. Happy to continue my research with your nudge.

Their batteries would be 36v and 15a, I highly doubt they would tickle the tummy of a whimsical j/off limit. 36v and 20a is 720w.
They call it headroom, injury lawyer lingo perhaps.

Eyeballing their exteriors upon passing using some throttle and zero pedaling, I ponder the gps is embedded in the bms, the gps antenna wouldnt need much, wouldnt be much powerful either, nothing a few floors of parkade concrete cant hide huh ;) make it 4 to be safe deep in the night. Wear a mask, camera's man. Paralleling them, without their bms, you being the bms..... would net you 30a, and 36v 30a will do most every one.

Be a kicker if the bms is epoxied and cans encased as a unit.

Someone somewhere has stolen one and opened it up and posted it up on the internet.

Hacking, back engineering the geekery of programming, handshakes, payments, locations....... is a different game then most play.
At a minimum, an Raspberry Pi/Ardruino could copy the transactions, if thats what your after. Point of Sale or POS, protocols is my best terminology guess. I doubt their way, Lime or Bird, would be open for looky look.

Appreciate your reply calab. To be clear I have no intention to hack them for nefarious reasons. I have definitely seen a few videos of the scooters being "hacked" or having the switch panel circuit board replaced with a new one. I want to replicate this hand shake on a bike for multiple users over a long period of time.

The hand shake is probably the best terminology for what I am hoping to replicate. PoS is also a good route to look into for that sort of handshake - thank you!

As far as the GPS signal - you might be surprised as to what it possible these days. I have been diving into LoRaWAN technology and trackers and have seen them work and be able to still send/receive signals in the basement of a concrete parking structure 5 or 6 levels beneath street level. The trackers currently available are quite impressive in their size and overall messaging capability these days.

Back