BBSHD Controller mismatch

dreyerink

1 µW
I have blown my controller on the BBSHD and I had a 48 volt battery. When I ordered a replacement controller I ordered the 48 volt controller. However when the controller came it has a 48 volt sticker on it but the model number is C571-30-506 . It is my understanding that this is for a 52 volt battery. I believe that the model number should be C769-51-501.

When I ride using PAS the bike is really jerky and goes from 0 - 8 - 0 amps every second.

The company who I purchased the wrote the following
As mentioned, we are only ever supplied the "506" controllers, even the HD motors we get from the supplier with a "48v" sticker, still have the 506 controllers, so I don't think this is causing the problem. We have never had any issues with compatibility between 48V and 52V with these controllers.

Can a 52 volt controller be used on a 42 volt battery without any issues?

A BBSHD does not use a 42V battery. I think you mistyped. A 52V capable controller will work just fine with a 48V battery. Your issue is programming. Not the wrong controller.

dreyerink said:
Thanks for your reply, I meant 48 volt you are correct.

When I ride using PAS in max assist level the bike is really jerky and goes from 0 - 8 - 0 amps every second.

I have an egg rider and use the settings in the example 2, what settings would cause the unit to be jerky?
https://manual.eggrider.com/ebike_settings/bafang/overview/#example-2

My suspicion would be the Egg Rider. Have you tried setting the bike up without that?

Back