Speed display wire

gurujeff03

10 µW
I am reviewing the wiring on my JRAHK controller (generic chinese controller) and a generic display.

It has 3 different wires for speed display with not much information about them and I was wondering if anyone can shed some light on what they are or differences

1) Speed display wire (Brown)-what would the output be?
2) multiple data meter (yellow/green)
3) hall speed meter (blue/green)-I'm pretty sure this is just the same as the motor hall output.

My display that I'm connecting to is generic as well and it needs the following
1) instrumentation line (yellow) I'm thinking this goes to the speed display wire #1
2) phase speed measurement (purple)- Pretty sure this would connect to #3 and help the display do RPM but not necessarily speed
Also has Red/Black and some turn signal/headlight wires as well but I'm good with those.

You may be attempting the impossible. Not all electronic components work with each other. You risk damage to your controller by making a best guess on your wiring connections. This info on the display is nice but not absolutely necessary. Use a ride tracker app for your speed and consider a simple volt meter to know your battery’s charge status, mostly to get home but also to not over drain your battery.

It's not really impossible speed displays are usually just a communication wire and or simple inputs but you're right and I'm aware that you can't just connect anything you want....thus the question I'm trying to learn.

gurujeff03 said:
It's not really impossible speed displays are usually just a communication wire and or simple inputs but you're right and I'm aware that you can't just connect anything you want....thus the question I'm trying to learn.

Determining speed requires the RPM and the wheel size. Is that a parameter you set up with your display?

Back