Wiring help

cyclematt

100 µW
Hi all, I’m a little under knowledged on what probably is some simple wiring.

I have a brushed speed control and a brushed thumb throttle with battery indicator and on/off switch.

The throttle part I understand but it’s the electric line lock part I dont understand. There’s two wires from the throttle that are joined together and an additional battery + wire.

Attached pics of the two parts.

Many thanks
Matt

Attachments

• 9BD37E2F-954C-4939-864E-F276A073B4BB.png
    9BD37E2F-954C-4939-864E-F276A073B4BB.png
    1.8 MB · Views: 123
  • 2926149A-4E05-42DF-BAFA-B62748837550.png
    2926149A-4E05-42DF-BAFA-B62748837550.png
    1.3 MB · Views: 123
cyclematt said:
I have a brushed speed control and a brushed thumb throttle with battery indicator and on/off switch.

The throttle part I understand but it’s the electric line lock part I dont understand. There’s two wires from the throttle that are joined together and an additional battery + wire.

The battery + wire connects to the red wire of the "electric lock" connector on the controller. It will have battery level voltage, so be important to get that right. The yellow/green wire goes to the blue? signal wire on the same connector, and using on/off switch on the throttle, will turn the controller on/off. The reason for yellow and green is one of the wires supports the battery level display, which will also turn on/off using the switch.

The other connector is more obvious, and goes to the throttle connector on the controller. However, it appears that the wiring order on the connectors is different and may need to be changed. Usually, the black wires and red wires should mate up (black to black, red to red), providing the voltage to the throttle, and the third wire (some random color, but in this case blue on the controller and white on the throttle) should align. You can get the pins out of the connector using a paper clip to change them if needed.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FYHYMQWW-Ok

That’s been a great help thanks, hopefully I should have it up and running soon, I’ll keep you posted

Back