KT36/48ZWSR-ff01 Hidden options

PITMIX

1 kW
Hello, I have just bought a KT36 controller and I have seen that the LCD4 display offers the lighting of the front lights but the controller is not wired for this. Do you know if one of the free terminals of the motherboard allows you to obtain 36v when you press the light with the LCD. Do you also know where an engine probe could be connected.IMG_20230127_072649.jpg

PITMIX said:
Hello, I have just bought a KT36 controller and I have seen that the LCD4 display offers the lighting of the front lights but the controller is not wired for this. Do you know if one of the free terminals of the motherboard allows you to obtain 36v when you press the light with the LCD. Do you also know where an engine probe could be connected.IMG_20230127_072649.jpg
The light output does not provide enough current to supply most lights directly (70mA), so you will need a relay and something to step down the battery voltage to what your lights can handle (some can handle full battery voltage). However, once you go to that trouble, it's easier to have a separate lighting circuit, using a buck converter to drop the battery voltage for your lights, and separate switches to turn them on and off.

Thank you for your reply. Yes I already know all that but I would have liked to know if this controller can give 36v controllable from the LCD display. I use this function on another bike but there is a power wire coming directly from the LCD display. This is not the case and for the moment I have not yet found if one of the options of the motherboard made it possible to obtain this function.

PITMIX said:
Thank you for your reply. Yes I already know all that but I would have liked to know if this controller can give 36v controllable from the LCD display. I use this function on another bike but there is a power wire coming directly from the LCD display. This is not the case and for the moment I have not yet found if one of the options of the motherboard made it possible to obtain this function.

If you are careful and patient, you may be able to turn on the controller and the light circuit, then hunt around the circuit board for battery level voltage and note the spots. Then turn off the lighting circuit to look for the one that went from battery voltage to 0V.

You read my mind that's exactly what I did last night but unfortunately none of the pending outputs on the controller seem to react to the lights on the lcd.
Here is what I found, with or without turning on the light:
N=38v
G=0v
S=0v
H=4,5v
X4=5v
X5=5v
X6-P2=5v
X7-P3=5v
X8=5v
g=0v
hv=0v
sk=38v
G=0v
Tx2=4,5v
Rx2=2v
Soft=5v-0v-5v-5v
15 5=0v-0v-15v-5v-2v-2v-2v-0v-0v-0v
LIG=0v-2v-0v-38v-0v
The last 3 : Soft - 15 5 and LIG have several terminals. I have indicated the voltages detected on the terminals from left to right.
I don't know the functions of the different points measured, maybe I will have the chance to have one of them which is used for measuring engine temperature.

It's likely that the options I'm looking for are coming from the display and not the controller. The LCD4 display does not indicate the ambient temperature, nor the motor temperature. It is also possible that the wire used to activate the front lighting is connected to the display. I think the LCD3 has an extra wire for lighting and has the temperature display function. It remains to know where the motor sensor connects. On the motherboard of the controller or in the display?

The "up" switch used to turn the headlight on/off feature requires a small, very easily burnt out, daughter board. There is absolutely no protection on the output. Not available separately to my knowledge, and not repairable. When functioning, power output best used to control a relay with a separate, much heavier power source.....

AHicks said:
The "up" switch used to turn the headlight on/off feature requires a small, very easily burnt out, daughter board. There is absolutely no protection on the output. Not available separately to my knowledge, and not repairable. When functioning, power output best used to control a relay with a separate, much heavier power source.....
Picture of the daughter board:
https://endless-sphere.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=79763#p1177510

Thanks for your help :bigthumb: . I think it's not worth bothering with this system. Better to take power directly from the battery and use a step-down dc/dc and handlebar switch. It's simpler and certainly more reliable. If you have any information regarding the engine temperature sensor, I am at your disposal.

Back