vevor by15wf02-a

Richard57

1 µW
I have 2 Vevor by15wf02-a controllers and I am building a massive battery pack for them on my YouTube channel. The problem is I want to build a 14s80p pack but don't know if the controllers can handle it or if I should just build a 13s84p pack. Can anyone help me with this?

Richard57 said:
I have 2 Vevor by15wf02-a controllers and I am building a massive battery pack for them on my YouTube channel. The problem is I want to build a 14s80p pack but don't know if the controllers can handle it or if I should just build a 13s84p pack.
What are the specifications for those controllers, as marked on their labels?

If they are "52v" controllers, with about a 42v-44v-ish LVC, they're intended for 14s.

If they are "48v" controllers, with about a 39v-41-ish LVC, they're intended for 13s.

What they can actually handle would depend on the specifics of their internal design, but even if they are intended for 13s, they are likely to handle 14s well enough, as long as it doesn't have an HVC to prevent operation above it's "rating". Above that depends on the parts used, and the LVPS design, HVC/LVC circuit setup, etc.

Note that a 14s pack used on a 13s controller with a very low 13s LVC won't protect the pack against overdischarge as well as a higher LVC would, so your BMS may protect first, which is harder on the BMS (having to cut power under load has been known to damage poorly-designed BMSs, usually in a way that leaves the FETs stuck on so they cannot disconnect the pack anymore regardless of what condition the cells are in or what is happening).

Back