Does anyone know how HiPower programs their controllers

onespeed

100 mW
I have one of their conversion kits. The controller is pre-programmed before they send it out to your stated battery voltage. They told me if I was considering a different voltage, I would need to send it back for to have it re-programmed. Great product, their mods move one of my bullitts at crazy torque and speed.

The Grin controllers make way more sense to me for the ease of swapping voltages in itself.

I see a setup on ebay for a decent price that I am considering, the sticking point is the controller and the limitations. If I can program it myself, it would be a good buy.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2023-01-31 085348.jpg
    Screenshot 2023-01-31 085348.jpg
    120.4 KB · Views: 56
onespeed said:
I have one of their conversion kits. The controller is pre-programmed before they send it out to your stated battery voltage. They told me if I was considering a different voltage, I would need to send it back for to have it re-programmed. Great product, their mods move one of my bullitts at crazy torque and speed.

The Grin controllers make way more sense to me for the ease of swapping voltages in itself.

I see a setup on ebay for a decent price that I am considering, the sticking point is the controller and the limitations. If I can program it myself, it would be a good buy.

I think it depends on the model. Some Crystalyte controllers use their own display that allows setting the LVC and max current, etc. I have one with a dedicated CA connector, but it has a 4 pin JST for connecting a Bluetooth module for programming it. Finding the module and app may be a challenge.

Back