Sabvoton e-brake and regen operating BACKWARDS??

porshuh

1 µW
Hey folks,

I'm new-ish to the e-bike world and so far loving it. I've got most of my issues ironed out with a new build, but this one issue just popped up. Well...2 issues:

1) E-brake and regen function operate BACKWARDS. That is to say - when I'm coasting along and then let off the throttle completely - the regen gives slight power forward instead of reverse current to slow the bike down. Same with e-brake. When I toggle the functions off using the app, they both remain off as they're supposed to. What in the donkey lips??

2) When I turn on the system and begin to travel in mode assist 1, the bike gets up to speed as normal, but then changes on its own to assist 2 (providing more power), then assist 3....etc. Pretty unnerving. If I let the bike coast long enough to slow down...the controller backs down through assist 4, 3, 2, and finally assist 1 before coasting to a stop (remember that e-brake and regen provide FORWARD power (not reverse), so I have to coast to a stop (or turn off the controller while at speed and then I can hit the brakes)).

Both these issues started at the same time. Before that I had everything working, and was ONLY fiddling with e-brake and regen current on the app (between maybe 0 and 100a). I made sure to leave all other specs the same. I tried a factory reset...no joy. Support through WhatsApp doesn't have anything for me.

Can anyone help?? Perhaps someone could provide a list/screen shot of the settings numbers they see in their app so I can make sure none of my settings are off?

Thank you in advance!
-Chas

porshuh said:
Both these issues started at the same time. Before that I had everything working, and was ONLY fiddling with e-brake and regen current on the app (between maybe 0 and 100a). I made sure to leave all other specs the same. I tried a factory reset...no joy. Support through WhatsApp doesn't have anything for me.

Can anyone help?? Perhaps someone could provide a list/screen shot of the settings numbers they see in their app so I can make sure none of my settings are off?

Welcome to the forum!

It sounds like the bike is possessed and needs an exorcism. :shock:

Great idea on the screen shots. Here's the sticky with the instructions:
https://endless-sphere.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=14748

Welcome to the forums!

1. There really isn't any options that could cause regen and e-brake to give you power instead of slowing you down, there is a setting that changes motor direction but it would cause your motor to spin backwards all the time. Did you perform hall angle test in the app? That's the only thing that comes to mind that might resolve that. If you don't know how to do it, here's a guide from MQCON themselves http://mqcontroller.com/show/?id=118 you can skip most of the steps as it goes over how to hook up the controller however, make sure your motor/bike is in the air when doing it as your motor will spin during this test and you don't want your bike to run away.

2. This is a easy fix, I'm guessing that you're using UKC1 display (if you're using TFT 750C then the steps should be similar).
- Power up the display/bike
- Double press 'M' button twice very quickly
- Using + and - buttons, navigate to category called "system"
- Scrolls down to 'Auto Assist' and turn it off
You can then double press M to back out of the settings

What 'Auto Assist' does or how it supposed to work is change you to higher assist level when it detects that you're losing speed but the power output remains the same, to the display it looks like you might be going up a hill and your current assist level is not enough however it doesn't work like that and it works more like an 'automatic transmission' which some people might like or prefer.

Back