Over clocking 1kw hub to 2.5kw

pghebikes

10 µW
I'm using a 9c clone hub with statorade and hubsinks. I'm planning on dumping 48v 50a through it and I'm looking for thoughts on this. Planning on upgrading the phase wires as well.

How many amps consistently do you think that setup would handle? I've read the statorade and hubsinks dissipate heat well.

pghebikes said:
I'm using a 9c clone hub with statorade and hubsinks. I'm planning on dumping 48v 50a through it and I'm looking for thoughts on this. Planning on upgrading the phase wires as well.

How many amps consistently do you think that setup would handle? I've read the statorade and hubsinks dissipate heat well.

Depends on the winding/turn count, and efficiency of your particular motor. Statorade make a big difference, and hubsinks provide a marginal improvement. Assuming 5T, probably around 2200W continuous, if you want to keep the motor below 100C.

https://ebikes.ca/tools/simulator.html?motor=M2705_SA&batt=B4823_AC&cont=cust_50_150_0.03_V&hp=0&axis=mph&frame=mountain&autothrot=false&throt=100&grade=2.64&wheel=26i&mass=110

If you know the turn count of your motor, you can change that parameter, and make adjustment to the load (using the grade %) until the ending motor temp is 100C (or whatever your tolerance level is). Then look at the Batt Power to see how much the motor handle continuously. You can play around with a different motor, like the MXUS 3K, if you want to see the effect of Statorade vs Statorade+hubsinks. It's not a dramatic difference compared to just adding Statorade, but will help if you're running a lot of current.

Back