Disenabling Low Voltage Cutoff

I'm using 10 3.2 rated cells for 32v at full charge. Why would you think it would destroy the battery? This LVC is in place so you don't run a 36v battery too low, but if its running 32v fulling charged the battery is fine, and its a controller issue. Dumnum, what info would you like? A schematic of the controller is unavailable.

ekline309 said:
I'm using 10 3.2 rated cells for 32v at full charge. Why would you think it would destroy the battery? This LVC is in place so you don't run a 36v battery too low, but if its running 32v fulling charged the battery is fine, and its a controller issue. Dumnum, what info would you like? A schematic of the controller is unavailable.
Just curious what cells you're using that are 3.2v charged? And if that's the case, you should be running a minimum of 12 of them

Heh, I knew that word wasn't right, thanks gow. They are 26650P LiFePO4 cells. I know everyone is all about high voltage, but my speed and acceleration is great @ 32V, and it complies with my size constraint, which is most important to me. My only issue is cutting out of the controller because of the LVC. I'm guessing that without a schematic, or the ability to access the firmware, there is no way to remove it. Guess I'll have to make my own...

I use lipo, but I'm almost certain you should be charging a lifepo4 10 cell pack to 36.5v. Many people use 10s lipo on 36v systems and charge it to 42v. If you can add 1 or 2 more cells to your pack and charge to 3.65v per cell, that would solve your problem. I don't recall ever seeing or hearing of a 10s lifepo4 pack rated as a 36V pack.

ekline309 said:
Heh, I knew that word wasn't right, thanks gow. They are 26650P LiFePO4 cells. I know everyone is all about high voltage, but my speed and acceleration is great @ 32V, and it complies with my size constraint, which is most important to me. My only issue is cutting out of the controller because of the LVC. I'm guessing that without a schematic, or the ability to access the firmware, there is no way to remove it. Guess I'll have to make my own...

26650P LiFePO4 are 3.2V NOMINAL VOLTAGE CELLS Fully charged they should be 3.65V hot off the charger and rest at 3.45V. 95% of their power is available at 3.25V. The correct charger for a 10 cell pack is rated at 36V and actually puts out 37.5V. LVC is not the issue unless it is happening above 28V?

Attachments

• TS DISCHARGE.JPG
    TS DISCHARGE.JPG
    30.3 KB · Views: 803
Back