IXie Chang / Infineon boards Regen and XPD

NeilP

1 GW
Been discussing regen on another thread, and it was pointed out that the Regen amount setting does not seem to work

You can Set: Disable, Low Med, High or Unlimited...or similar wording ...in XPD

MrBill noticed that even setting Disable did not actually disable it..in fact no difference between the four settings .

Just wondered if this was true for every one.

I thought my settings did work...til Itried it yesterday..so i set disable...but it still gives regen.

Any one else got any feedback on this?

Wonder if it is how XPD is setting the regencies it work with Ed Lyesn software or E-Crazymans?

If there is a regen jumper, disconnect it. If it's soldered on the board, unsolder the connection. SHould disable regen completely.

I have to ask why though.

Yes, yes, i realise that but does not answer the question as to if the regen programming ability in XPD is at fault, if it is the other software as well or if the issue is board specific.

I never said I wanted to disable regen, I am wanting to find out if the setting to change its level or disable it via software works or not.

XPD just fills with the value you choose one of bytes in the data block sent to the controller.
How the controller will handle that byte depends on the controller firmware.
This setting makes difference on Infineon 2 controllers, but I'm not sure about Infineon 3.
However, XPD just does the same as KeyWin E-Bike Lab in that regard, so if you see no difference with XPD you should see no difference with KWEBL as well.
If you do, it's a bug in XPD that should be fixed.

Back