ecitypower emcharger 12v fan problem

Ypedal

Staff member
This charger appears to be " charging " but the fan won't kick in..

I put a CA inline with the charge wire and it does pump 4 amps ( 160w ) to the battery, but the fan never kicks in and i'm sure it's just a matter of time before it fries without the fan......

I pulled the fan and gave it 12v, it runs

Probed the board without the fan hooked up and i get 2.6v, let the charger run a couple minutes to let it warm up but the output voltage to the fan remains at 2.x volts.....

There are 2 fets on each side of the charger, on one side, the metal bar that screws and pulls the fets tight against the body of the charger was not tight at all ( cross threaded and the bar was just flopping around in there .. ) .. but the fet legs do not appear fried.. .. and the charger was functional for a whole season, this is the 2nd season on it.

any ideas ?

Attachments

• DSC04190 (Mobile).JPG
    DSC04190 (Mobile).JPG
    83.2 KB · Views: 312
if it has blob fro thermal sensor inside see if its connectd.

if not trace back from fan todrive circitus adn see whats up.

otherwise can wire in wallwart to run fan

i have some hre but postage t o you is probly more than local cost of one up there, esp if yu have goodwills or whatevre.

maybe you have one on an old router or wifi or whatever in a closet

I have the same situation with a Kingpan charger. I have the fan leads w/plug going out of the installed end cover. I use my Craftsman DieHard 12v Lithium-ion rechargeable power tool battery to power the fan. I like the Wallwart idea too.

Back