MAC motor compatible controllers

MAC states that there motors may have issues with some controllers due to:

"The Mac motor uses a 32 magnet, 16 pair pole motor unlike the vast majority of Geared motors on the Market which use an 8 pair pole motor. This further improves torque, but does mean that the electrical rpm or commutation frequency is higher than typical geared motors and much higher than Direct-Drive motors, so some care with controller selection is required"

Is there any list of controllers that do and do not work with MAC motors?

RonnieBrowen2106 said:
MAC states that there motors may have issues with some controllers due to:

"The Mac motor uses a 32 magnet, 16 pair pole motor unlike the vast majority of Geared motors on the Market which use an 8 pair pole motor. This further improves torque, but does mean that the electrical rpm or commutation frequency is higher than typical geared motors and much higher than Direct-Drive motors, so some care with controller selection is required"

Is there any list of controllers that do and do not work with MAC motors?

There isn't a single list out there. I feel that is partially due to the fact that controllers are generally the most generic pieces on the ebike.

Since a MAC motor spins 5X faster than a regular DD hub motor, you need a controller that can process that quickly.That said, EM3EV has a great selection of controllers that will work with geared motors. They are the top suppliers of MAC geared motors AFAIK: Controllers

His 9 FET controllers are more than capable of running a MAC motor hard and fast. Use the 3077 version if you're below 60V for best efficiency (really shouldn't be running MACs that high on voltage unless using a slow wind like a 10T).

If you're not going to be pushing the MAC to it's limits, even one of Paul's 6FET 3077 controllers would work just fine around 1000W - 1200W.

RonnieBrowen2106 said:
I plan to run a 48v 1000w Mac at 48v 1500w. The motor I requested spins at 320 rpm. Hopefully that is some useful information

9FET EM3EV controller would work just fine. If I were you, I'd just get this one and call it a day. 9 FET 3077 Sensored - Only $76

SamD got sold me a MAC kit with 12 FET sinewave controller that works perfectly. I think this would be the same one: https://ballaratebikes.com/collections/controllers/products/copy-of-18fet-72v-nom-70amp-sine-wave-controller-for-mxus-3000w-motors

There's some info in a few of the threads here
https://endless-sphere.com/forums/search.php?keywords=compatib*+controller*&terms=all&author=&sc=1&sf=titleonly&sk=t&sd=d&sr=topics&st=0&ch=300&t=0&submit=Search
and most likely some of the ones that work with Ezee motors would also work with Mac for the same reasons.

Back