stromer st1 lock cylinder replacement?

electricfun

10 µW
Hello. I have a stromer st1 platinum. I have both keys (it was bought new at a dealer). However I believe my cylinder is broken. My key was stuck the other day and I was forced to remove the battery bay door via the screw at the bottom of the bike. When I removed the battery I took a look around and it seems as if the cylinder housing is chipped. I imagine this is due to a fall I had that day (damn u potholes!). And yes I'm well aware I can directly plug into the bike without removing the battery-its just for various reasons I prefer to not charge on the bike (I always remove battery and bring it upstairs with me to charge).

The reason I'm asking you all here is because I'm sorta broke these days and can't really afford what I imagine the dealer would charge for a replacement+service. That said I'm pretty decent about doing my own repairs and have plenty of tools. I recently replaced the drivetrain on this bike.

Hi electrcifun,

I'm a locksmith, i had a look on youtube at the locking function, does the key just unlock the button on the other side? ie doesn't interface to the actual battery?

It just looks like an ordinary camlock, probably with a special cam on the end of it. I'd take it out and take it to a locksmith, the actual cylinder is probably $10 worth.

But yeah photos would help.

The tumbler kit is only $64 with 2 new keys from the dealer.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20200329-211800_Drive.jpg
    Screenshot_20200329-211800_Drive.jpg
    39.4 KB · Views: 1,226
just take the lock to a place that sells cabinet locks, and match the dimensions to something they have. then make sure the other end from the keyhole has the same shape, size, etc. as the lock you have, so that all the bits inside the bike will fit it.

if you can't take it somewhere like that, you'll have to measure all the dimensions yourself, and hten ask places online (or over the phone) that sell such locks for one that matches.

ahh makes sense thanks ..
how do i get the lock out I've looked in there and it looks tight..

electricfun said:
You said "I was forced to remove the battery bay door via the screw at the bottom of the bike"

I know it is an old post now, but was wondering if you could explain how you did this? I have an original Stromer, very similar to ST1, was recently stolen and the police retrieved it over the weekend. Whoever stole it tried to force the lock open and now my key goes in but wont turn, am afraid to force too much as feels like is about to break.

There is a nut under the battery bay that uses a hex head screwdriver /alan key to open, I tried that, doesn't seem to do it.

Does anyone know how to remove the ST-1 lock cylinder from the battery compartment? I am trying to replace the lock.

Is battery attached to bike? [Locked] or is battery removed from bicycle? [Unlocked]

Related story about a little lock. Neighbor threw away a gumball machine. I am the neighborhood garbage picker. Spent a few months wondering how to unlock my new gumball machine. Finally got smart and just turned lock with a screwdriver. GOT A BIG BUNCH OF QUARTERS :) Anyone want a gumball machine with a few old dried out gumballs inside?

Does anyone know how to remove the ST-1 lock cylinder from the battery compartment? I am trying to replace the lock.
Not a ST-1 lock cylinder but I have removed lock cylinders from a cabinet and reinstalled them on a mail box anda heavy metal breaker box.
Can you reach the back side of the lock cylinder Often the cylinder is held on with a nut around the base of lock cylinder
Later floyd

Is battery attached to bike? [Locked] or is battery removed from bicycle? [Unlocked]

Related story about a little lock. Neighbor threw away a gumball machine. I am the neighborhood garbage picker. Spent a few months wondering how to unlock my new gumball machine. Finally got smart and just turned lock with a screwdriver. GOT A BIG BUNCH OF QUARTERS :) Anyone want a gumball machine with a few old dried out gumballs inside?
The problem is replacing the lock cylinder only. I can get the battery out and in with no problem by loosening the Allen bolt at the bottom of the panel.

Not a ST-1 lock cylinder but I have removed lock cylinders from a cabinet and reinstalled them on a mail box anda heavy metal breaker box.
Can you reach the back side of the lock cylinder Often the cylinder is held on with a nut around the base of lock cylinder
Later floyd
Can’t see any nut. Could be clipped in.

Back