Vesc regen braking setup?

forcefed

10 W
I'm trying to get regenerative braking to work on my bike but i don't think its working, not seeing the motor slow anything down or any extra current coming in when i press the second throttle. I have one throttle in adc1 and another in adc2 and both are functioning, did i miss something? The current max brake is -60amps and battery current max regen is -40amps. Where can i see if its regenerating any power?

JjMLAWz.jpg

What did you set the motor current limit to for regen? How fast are you going when you try to brake? The brake doesn't do much at low speeds.

I'm using a 4.12 VESC with regen battery current limit set to 20A and regen motor current set to 100A.

I have the motor current max brake at -60amps and battery current max regen at -40amps.
I kind of am testing it at low speeds inside my house so i guess that's my issue :lol:
What is the correct adc voltage mapping that i should use? Current reverse adc2 brake button or current no reverse brake adc2?
I noticed the only adc voltage mapping that highlights ch2 is "current no reverse brake button" should i use that one?

Back