Help identify connectors for throttle and limiter.

v-0-dka

1 µW
Hello, I just bought a new cheap electric bike(~500euro) with a hub motor:
http://www.biltema.se/sv/Fritid/Cykel/Cyklar/Elcykel/Elcykel-28-3-vaxlar-2000040770/

I have identified the motor as to being a bosang motor 250w 36V, ive included a pic of the serial number etc.
On a plain surface i can reach a speed of around 23kph, i weight around 87kg and the bike itself 23kg so a total weight of around 110kg. How fast is it usually possible to go with these numbers?

Now i would like your help to see if the controller have a limiter installed and if there is a way to disable it.
The controller is a Tianjing Santroll B-WZKD3615KA-BD46-Z9(See pic).
There is a total of 6 sockets and so far i´ve identified all but 2 of them and when i disconnect the three wires that goes in with the phase wires to the motor there is no diffrence at all, are these the hall sensors and how can i tell a difference if i unplug them?

I have included a labeled picture and would be grateful of any input you might have on how i could delimit this controller.

If really needed i could open up the controller to take pics of the circuit board.

There is one socket that isn´t connected to anything with red,black and purple colors, is this for a throttle? i´ve read that sometimes if you connect a throttle the speed limit wont occur.

Regards

Attachments

• Motor2.jpg
    Motor2.jpg
    68.4 KB · Views: 7,996
  • Computer2.jpg
    Computer2.jpg
    121.4 KB · Views: 7,992
  • Controller2.jpg
    Controller2.jpg
    64.7 KB · Views: 7,945
  • Cables.jpg
    Cables.jpg
    188.4 KB · Views: 7,908
Ok, So i disassembled the controller for more information.

Could someone help me with the markings?

Connected to motor but no difference unconnected:
Red - 5V
White - XC
Black - GND

?? Unconnected socket
Red - 48V
Black - GND
Purple - SC1

PAS:
Blue - FOT
Black - GND
Red - 5V

Brake(2 sockets):
Red - 5V
Yellow - LB
Yellow - LB
Black - GND

3-step computer with battery indicator and on/off
Green - SE0
Yellow - SE1
Black - GND
Blue - KEY
Red - 48V

Solder points with no cables connected:

First row:
AD(?)
SC2(?)

Second row:
HAND (Could this be for throttle?)
4V3
48V

Third row:
HB (Brake High Level)
HB (Brake High Level)
MOD or M0D(Could this be for speed restriction?)
FD

Any help is appreciated!

Attachments

• IMG_20180429_202713.jpg
    IMG_20180429_202713.jpg
    203.5 KB · Views: 7,917
Your first posts show a picture of an unconnected 3 wire plug and you guessed "throttle?". Your second post says the red wire on the plug is +48V. That cannot be a throttle connector if red is 48V. Throttles run off +5 volts. Your controller doesn't support a throttle if this is true. You did say this is a 36V bike, so where did 48V come from? Did you measure it on the red wire? Perhaps you're wrong about the 48V.

Your motor only has the three heavy (yellow, purple, blue) wires, then you are running a sensorless controller. Doesn't mean that you have a sensorless motor, but you do have a sensorless controller. The other three wires to th emotor, +5, XC, GND, are probably for a speed sensor. Does your display have a digital speed readout?

docw009 said:
Your first posts show a picture of an unconnected 3 wire plug and you guessed "throttle?". Your second post says the red wire on the plug is +48V. That cannot be a throttle connector if red is 48V. Throttles run off +5 volts. Your controller doesn't support a throttle if this is true. You did say this is a 36V bike, so where did 48V come from? Did you measure it on the red wire? Perhaps you're wrong about the 48V.

Your motor only has the three heavy (yellow, purple, blue) wires, then you are running a sensorless controller. Doesn't mean that you have a sensorless motor, but you do have a sensorless controller. The other three wires to th emotor, +5, XC, GND, are probably for a speed sensor. Does your display have a digital speed readout?

Hi, The battery itself is 36v and the controller is labeled 36v on the casing, i also measured 36 v between the GND and the red wire on the unconnected socket and 0V between the purple and gnd, I guess this socket is for something else since throttles usually runs on 1-4v.

The controller on the pinouts on the other hand is labeled with 48v so my guess it is made for 48v but they have repurposed it so it works with 36v.

I do not have a digital speed readout, only power(4bars) and "speed setting" with 3 steps, also if i hold down the - button the motor will run very slowly(walking assist), So the cable to the motor(XC) most likely just is for a displaying the speed if one have an LCD?

I will connect the purple wire to the HAND pinout and switch the red wire for a 5volt instead and test with 2 AA batteries between purple and gnd tomorrow to see if this indeed is the throttle connection and later if it is i will try to feed it with 5V and see if the speed restriction still is present.

v-0-dka said:
I will connect the purple wire to the HAND pinout and switch the red wire for a 5volt instead and test with 2 AA batteries between purple and gnd tomorrow to see if this indeed is the throttle connection and later if it is i will try to feed it with 5V and see if the speed restriction still is present.

Yes, I wondering why it would have 48V if it only went 23 km/hour.

While I like to experiment myself, I think it is not a good idea to poke at a connector containing battery voltage. Enjoy the new bike for what it is and look for a new controller.

WHat did the advertisement in your link say about the bicycle's performance?

docw009 said:
Yes, I wondering why it would have 48V if it only went 23 km/hour.

While I like to experiment myself, I think it is not a good idea to poke at a connector containing battery voltage. Enjoy the new bike for what it is and look for a new controller.

WHat did the advertisement in your link say about the bicycle's performance?

The advertisement says:
"36 volts/250 W motor with three assistance modes and a 7,8 Ah battery. Maximum. 25 km/h, 30–50 km range"

I tried feeding a voltage to the HAND pinout, also tried connecting it to the PAS connection to no success :(
I guess they have disabled it, maybe it is possible to reprogram the controller with a LCD-computer, anyway i reassembled everything and will try with the throttle i ordered but doubt it will do any difference.

Any suggestions on a controller fitting for my motor? I´d like to have the option to upgrade my battery to 48v if i´am not satisfied with the speed. Are there any good dual mode controllers(36/48v)? My battery is fused for 30Amps so i guess a 350w controller is not a problem for it, Or do you think the motor can handle 500watts? Range isn´t of a big concern as long as i can go about 5-10km on max speed.

Would this controller be enough? Costs about 70-80usd:
https://boxbike.dk/sv/reservdelar-f%C3%B6r-elcykel/303-controller-styrenhet-till-elcykel-kt-36v-350w.html

I have bought several controllers from pswpower.com, based in China. Reasonable shipping times to the USA. The most recent purchase was this one. It's a sine wave model, 36/48V 500W. Needs either a LCD display or one of their LED units. Mine use the LCD3.

http://www.pswpower.com/peng/iview.asp?KeyID=dtpic-2016-3F-3VM4.50CMJ

I'm using it on a 20" wheel, where the max speed is about 19 mph on 36V. It should have a higher speed with a 26" wheel, if it really is 500W. Perhaps later this month I will have time to try it on a bigger wheel.

Hi.
Did you find any solution to speed up your bike? Myself I bought a Biltema bicycle 3 years ago which I modified for 28 km/h by just disconnecting the sensor cable to the motor. That bike was stolen and I bought a new one from Biltema. The new bike have the motor in the back wheel and changed the controller (to the same as yours). Disconnecting the cable doesn't do anything and it is cutting of at about 24km/h. Any progress you have is of help.
Thanks

I have the same problem :lol: and same controller, thats how I found this thread, but my bike has a display with digital speed readout. So you are correct.

Any idea of a fix?

v-0-dka said:
I do not have a digital speed readout, only power(4bars) and "speed setting" with 3 steps, also if i hold down the - button the motor will run very slowly(walking assist), So the cable to the motor(XC) most likely just is for a displaying the speed if one have an LCD?

docw009 said:

Hey! I hope you had fixed. I have the same controler and I wonder if you managed to connect trottle ?

Hi, The battery itself is 36v and the controller is labeled 36v on the casing, i also measured 36 v between the GND and the red wire on the unconnected socket and 0V between the purple and gnd, I guess this socket is for something else since throttles usually runs on 1-4v.

The controller on the pinouts on the other hand is labeled with 48v so my guess it is made for 48v but they have repurposed it so it works with 36v.

Did work?

Back