Automatic Wheelie control / Launch control module Beta testing

sketchism

100 W
I've been quiet but I've been busy since HubSinks! they are related though because as i kept adding power, i needed more control

The 4th version of the Wheelie Box / Launch Control Module is done after almost 2 years, its fully potted and shock/waterproof now and i'm ready to start organising public beta testing and get your feedback on a limited number of units.

Here's a video of testing the earlier version of the unit, its been a while since i posted an update (sorry for Fb link, i cant embed a video here?)
https://www.facebook.com/groups/endless.sphere/permalink/1811017958967264/

The programming software is now ready for PC and Mac so it can be programmed to your specs, and the Quick start guide is usable if not yet polished.

If you're interested in beta testing one of the boxes or have any questions let me know in a comment here (or PM me) and i'l grab your details to get in touch as soon as they are ready to send out and send you the software etc, they will work on any bike with a 3 wire throttle.

i'm open to suggestions for any features you'd like in the final versions too?

koYyaAg.png

d8kjriF.jpg

apart from the fun side of it i haven't really made it clear that i would also it was initially designed for saftey, to stop flipping accidentally which has injured a few people on powerful ebikes, it wont entirely stop whisky throttle but it can be set to stop the front coming up past X angle

Hi izeman!

it should definitely work with any drive type as long as you can tap your three throttle wires all good?

sketchism said:
Hi izeman!

it should definitely work with any drive type as long as you can tap your three throttle wires all good?
Good to know that you don't rely an regen braking. So it's throttle control only. You just cut/reduce the throttle signal "before it's too late" :wink: Please let me know the costs and conditions and i'd be happy to test and review.

interesting you mention the death bike because without using launch control (low angle) mode when I was doing my 0-100 runs

I was mousetrapping the throttle and backing off too much as the front came up, then letting it down too much and losing speed to get the nose to come back down etc

with the box you can lock the front at the optimum angle for maximum acceleration and it will apply the absolute max throttle without bringing the front up any higher

I think I will be able to shave some time off the 0-100s with it but i have yet to record the data

fechter said:
Cool. That was one really long wheelie in the video. Luke's Deathbike needs this.

:bigthumb:

Yo thats so cool!
Ive dreamed of this but nowhere near capable to figure it out and my cargo bike isnt popping wheelies, but damn dude thats a really sweet idea! Great job, will def pick one up once its out of beta and I get a mtb frame going. More power to you.

What a brilliant idea :thumb: I'm keen to see more reviews of that.

ElectricGod said:
My scooters wheelie when I take off.
I have a very simple solution...lean forward. No hardware required.
If your scooter wheelies when you don't want it you probably just can't control your right hand. Think about it!!!
But joking aside, this device is for CONTROLLED wheeling. For people that wants to do wheelies and/or learn it.

Matt posted this on FB today:

A friend was filming while we went out for a ride and tested the Wheelie Box/ Launch Control Module a little bit, along with some other toys! (the scooter was given to me, seems like a good project to amp up haha)

iove had a few messages about them this week so as a side note, Public Beta version is almost ready, Peter Kovacs and Daren Crigler have theirs now for final tester beta!
(Everyone who has previously reached out will be getting an email with more info soon! if you haven't already sent an EOI just let me know at matt(at)strike3productions.com and ill contact as soon as they are ready to order)

I am really interested in the device. Is there any updates now in 2023 ? Would love to get one for my Sabvoton SVMC7245 controller

I am really interested in the device. Is there any updates now in 2023 ? Would love to get one for my Sabvoton SVMC7245 controller
I think they abandon this project. Maybe legal concerns, I’m not sure. I emailed them a year or so ago, but got no reply.

I think they abandon this project. Maybe legal concerns, I’m not sure. I emailed them a year or so ago, but got no reply.
Do you think it would be legal if I created the same projet and started selling it or they made patent or something about it ?

There have been other throttle-control modules, like the ZombieSS Throttle Tamer, that essentially let you modify the throttle curve for better power control for controllers that don't already let you do this in the controller itself. So the basic concept itself isn't patentable, but there might be variations on the technology that are novel enough to do so, such as the wheelie angle sensor in this one. (but that type of idea has been discussed in a few threads over the years; I think there is even one titled Wheelie Control or similar that tries to work out various requirements, ideas, etc).

AFAIK if something has already been published (like here) it isn't patentable anymore (but IANAL).

I'd contact Sketchism via as many methods as you can find for them first, then if you can't reach them, you could do a patent search for the company or individual name, and see if they've applied for any for it. Steps after that you'd have to decide on.

Back