Any idea what this toggle is for?

Looks a bit difficult to reach without moving the hand away from the grip?

Is it momentary or latching?

Just one contact pair, or?

Does it have any wires in common witth the rest, or isolated?

There are different uses it might have depending on the answers to those.

FWIW, I see part of what looks like a triangle near it. That's usually a "hazard lights" marking on automotive controls.

MJSfoto1956 said:
Any ideas? Perhaps cruise control?

That would be my guess, but I haven't see that exact combo before. Seems like you could use it for many things. You should be able to trace out the wires for it and see if it is just a momentary switch. If it isn't momentary and stays on or off, it might be a kill switch.

fechter said:
That would be my guess, but I haven't see that exact combo before. Seems like you could use it for many things. You should be able to trace out the wires for it and see if it is just a momentary switch. If it isn't momentary and stays on or off, it might be a kill switch.

Yes just momentary. Two wires, separate from the other six.

M

Is it momentary on or off? If off then it could be for a headlight dimmer or a controller cutoff (though I don't like running pack voltage to the handlebars). If it's momentary on, then cruise as previously mentioned or an ebrake cutoff (regen) is how I'd use it.

MJSfoto1956 said:
I just "inherited" this combination switch with the usual horn/headlight/turn signal switches. But there is an additional toggle which I'm not familiar with. Any ideas? Perhaps cruise control?

This is a rather new addition to the standard motorcycle Clutch side controls. This momentary trigger switch is used to flash your lights with your pointer finger instead of using the thumb when sliding or flipping the usual OFF/ON/BRIGHT. Just easier and safer to keep the thumb wrapped around the bottom of the bar.

The wiring for this switch should be entirely encased inside the housing with no external connections.

If you want to use this for something else, you will have to take the whole thing apart, disconnect and extend these 2 wires.

Back