Hub motor won't spin no matter what i do

banora

1 mW
Hi guys need some help here.
No matter which combination i use the motor wouldn't spin, only making some noise. I have no idea what's the problem and i had changed both the motor and controller but it still wouldn't work. Would appreciate any help thanks.

Controller: YKZ7250JG

What motor are you using?

This is the one - https://www.amazon.com/DYU-Folding-Electric-Cycling-Aluminum/dp/B07M7BVH8T
Cant find the motor only.

Can you post a picture of the cables coming from your motor? It is most likely a hall sensor and/or phase cable mismatch.

That's the thing. I've tried every possible combinations but it just doesn't work. Both the controller and motor have been changed to a new one too.
Anyway here's the picture.
motor wire new-modified.jpg

everything connected and powered

confirm 5v red to black

next measure voltage from each small colored wire

to black ground

turning wheel slowly

do the voltages change as rotated

disconnect everything

motor rotate freely no wires touching

now try touching each thick phase wire to another

motor harder to turn

those are basics

more info bldc troubleshooting around forum

Is it a geared motor with a clutch so it freewheels? Is the sound you hear a whirring noise? If the answers to those two is yes, your motor is spinning backwards and the controller has the self-learning function, so you have to do the self-learning procedure.

Running backwards is one possibility. One of the good combos is backwards running. I always find that one first, somehow.

Another is you are having the same problem I have sometimes had. Try every combo, and none work. Try again, and again, and again. GRRRRR. Get madder and madder each try, for hours. Go to bed all pissed off.

Next morning, try the combos again and find the right one in 10 min. What the heck? Somehow, yesterday, when I did try the right combo, one wire was not in good contact. looked good, should have been good, but wasn't.

One thing I learned, next controller I buy, I look for one with self learning. Connect up all the wires, plug in the self learn loop, and power it up. Give it throttle with the wheel off the ground, and bingo it works. Unplug learning loop. done.

If your new controller has self learning, do that! I'm not sure, but it may never run if you don't do the learning, with that type controller.

If you have a controller with automatic phase and hall sequence detection, it doesn’t matter how you connect the wires, you always get the same result, like always spinning backwards, and no way to fix it unless the controller has the self-learning wires too.

Back