To turn on kt controller is LCD required?

demonscythe

10 µW
This is probably a dumb question but for the KT controller do you have to use one of the LCD screens for it to work? I just got one and working on getting the phase wires connected but I'm not sure if I need one of the LCDs for it to turn on. I have the Bluetooth module but it has no power which made me wonder if the controller is even turned on or if there is a power button on the screen.

demonscythe said:
This is probably a dumb question but for the KT controller do you have to use one of the LCD screens for it to work? I just got one and working on getting the phase wires connected but I'm not sure if I need one of the LCDs for it to turn on. I have the Bluetooth module but it has no power which made me wonder if the controller is even turned on or if there is a power button on the screen.

Does it have a connector for an LCD, like the LCD3? On some, you can jumper a couple of the wires (red+blue, black+yellow ??), but I'd do more research before doing any jumpering. Plus, you may not get full power. Do you have pictures of your controller?

Yes there is a connector for the display. What pictures are you needing? I can open it and photo any part you would need.

Edit: nevermind I found a picture to show that shorting red and blue wires turns it on and confirmed by turning mine on.

Back