bbs01 programming changes not implementing

Minexplorer

100 µW
I have a 350w 20 amps bbs01b.controller from 2018,firmware V2.2.1.1 Since getting a 850c display a cpl weeks ago which shows AMPS, Ive been playing around with changing settings.

What im seeing in practice tho makes no sense.Its as if the controller has hard coded parameters.Whatever i do to customise the programming ,despite showing the changes as written the controller takes no notice.

What started this off.I recently asked for advice ,(on pedelecs site)on settings for a cpl of PAS levels for high torque when at a low speed off road.A couple of members suggested a combination of 100% current with low rpm speed is better for this. whilst 100% rpm speed with medium to 100% current is better for lower torque flatter terrain cruising.

So keep current 100%. PAS 5 levels . A cpl of examples PAS1 current 100% speed 40%. PAS5 current 100% speed 100%.

on hill PAS1 despite 100% current,never exceeded10-12 AMPS or showed high torque. Changing to PAS5 flew uphill pulling 18-20AMPS with far higher torque despite speed at lower torque producing 100%. On rough farm tracks PAS1 setting still made the bikes speed/cadence too fast .The PAS5 tho to fast was still superior in pulling power giving nearly twice the AMPS. Both tho are 100% current.
Another example on PAS3 65%current 100% speed i often see 16amps on inclines when it shouldnt go higher than 13. There seems to be little point to setting specific current levels.Testing by changing between the PAS 3,4,5 65,80,100% current in different applications shows little variation. i can be on flattish terrain on PAS 5 getting 7-8 amps and then change to PAS3 and its 6-7 amps. likewise on PAS 5 the current can drop to a single AMP on flat terrain at high speed tho the keep current is 100% (not an issue great economy just saying). Changing the start current and slow start mode doesnt seem to make any difference either.Also the throttle acts economically the same as PAS.i cant get it to hold full AMPS like my 2016 controller did and bbshd controller does. Only a few safe settings seem to be changeable.

Ive suspecting, to stop warranty returns and economy Bafang may have hard coded some stock settings.Only allowing minor 'safe parameter' changes.something along the lines of karls special sauce/Em3ve. Which is what ive basically reverted to.having a PAS1 with low current is the only way on bumpy farm tracks. Has anyone else found the latest firmware controllers behave differently to older ones?

Sorry for the long ramble just trying to inc as much detail as poss.

Back