Sempu T4 crank spider

moonglow

10 µW
Hi folks, I've been loving riding around on an xtracycle based ebike with an ezee rear hub motor and a sempu t4 (I think) torque sensor. I've been spinning out the top end though on the 48T chainring and wanted to swap it out for 52T; or even ideally a dual ring.

The trouble is so far the chainrings we've tried havent fit the sempu spider. I thought it should be fairly generic at 110 BCD but it doesnt seem the case. I thought I could step back a little and replace the whole crank spider and get a more generic chainring, but the stores' advice is that the crank spider for the sempu T4 is proprietary and integral to the torque sensor. This seems a little odd and I wondered what experience others have had with the sempu T4, has anyone tried replacing the spider or had more success with more generic chainrings?

Appreciate any help or suggestions people can provide.

I have a T4 gen 3. It's got 5 bolts which hold the spider to the BB. The spider is a standard 130 BCD. The seller on AliExpress said they have 94, 110 and 130. If yours is 3rd gen (T4.3) then you should be able to get a spider like mine. HOWEVER the Sempu I got from this (the only one) seller on AliExpress might be broken. Haven't figured out for sure but the cadence signal is wonky and my CA doesn't feel it right.

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/sempu-dual-side-torque-sensor-transducer-bottom-bracket-electric-scooter-e-bike-motor-assisted-bicycle/32952233498.html

Thanks Light and Flangefrog. I guess I'm sort of trying to find any thoughts on using non standard parts - essentially the standard spider is fine, but I need a non standard chainring (the only one EBikeTeam can provide at the moment is 48t). I'm keen to be able to use the wider range of available chainrings etc available, so whats the thought on using a different spider (or chainring).

Lightrush, thanks for your reply I'm not sure what gen my T4 is; I didn't get a full description of the specs of the bike components (which I sort of regret). I'll look into it.

Thanks

Back