Buzzing not spinning

Lagoethe

10 W
Hello,

A few mounths ago i bought an non-working E-Bike
I could makethe motors and having torque,using the walk function of it, but the PAS was destroyed.
I replaced the PAS sensor, and then i discovered that the controller wasn't giving him its 5V.
So i also bought a controller and a throtle.

My guess was (because of all i wrote up there):
- Battery working
- Motor working

I made every pieces together today, and i have a new issue
When i but the right phases color together, i have a nice high tone buzz (which looks like what i should get,iguess), BUT no spin at all.
I gave a spin with the pedal (thinking maybe he couldn't detect position,..), nothing more.

So i tried a different arrangement
while keeping 1 wire at it's "normal" place (for example yellow with yellow, green with blue and blue with green); i get an horrible sound, but a bit of spin. Sound "looked" so weird and noisy i did'nt even tried to go on the bike

Then i tried a "rotation of colours" (for example yellow with green, green with blue and blue with yellow)
And i have a better sound (but not has expected), and a better spin.
I also dind't tried on the bike, because i'm affraid that with the torque, i would destroy the controller/battery

Looking forward for your precious ideas.

:thumb:

Check the motor hall sensors. With power on, measure the hall signal on each sensor as you slowly turn the motor by hand. Each signal should toggle between near zero and near 5v.

You may need to try more combinations of hall and phase to get a smooth spin. The symptom you describe is either wrong sequence or a bad hall signal.

Lagoethe said:
I replaced the PAS sensor, and then i disco

When you connected the new controller's hall sensor connector to the motor, did you check that all of the wire colors matched up between the two? I recall when I bought my kit, the connector housing was separate, and I had to insert the connections so they matched the motor's hall sensor connector.

You had a working ebike (worked on walk mode, that's good!), but PAS was broken. Then you bought a new controller. Now your wiring is messed up.

I've bought almost a dozen newer controllers and same amount of motors since 2015. I've never seen one yet that didn't work when I matched up the blue-blue, yellow-yellow, and green-green for the three heavy motor phases and three Hall phases. Others with more history than me have reported that what I've seen is kind of unusual. Nonetheless, I think the CHinese vendors have started to use common colors in the past 3 years.

Right now, we don't even know if you have a motor with Hall sensors (5 small wires) or if it is sensorless (no wires). DOes your controller have a display? WIll it issue an error code if the Hall sensors are bad. Some do. Better help will come if you describe what you are trying to connect.

I tried new sequences of my hall sensor.

It finally worked.

A thousand thanks for your help.

Lagoethe said:
I tried new sequences of my hall sensor.

It finally worked.

A thousand thanks for your help.

Good result!
I really wish manufacturers could pick a "standard" wire coloring scheme so things would match up, but it seems completely random.

Back