Just spotted the schedule this morning.

http://www.sfoadventure.com/about-the-lost-sierra-expo/

7/12/2019 to 7/14/2019

From last year i assume 7/13 practice day, 7/14 Race day

Heres the deal from 2018, probably no change

http://www.sfoadventure.com/eco-bike-adventures-electric-bike-race/

see you there.

[moderator edit to add date to title]

3.31.19 edited to reflect the new facebook post date change.

Can't wait! I got 2nd place last year, I'm bringing something faster this year so bring your best. Or just something reliable because I will probably melt something........

^^ :lol:

Looks like they moved the date to July12-14th. My wife is going to kill me I'm suppose to be in South Carolina that weekend visiting the inlaws...
Capture.JPG

Just for general info, the Lost Sierra festival is kit-friendly. You can have a factory ebike, but they like kits too...

This one fact might turn the Lost Sierra into the most innovative event for ebikes...

Can you spot me..

https://youtu.be/a8MtxB9SC1A

Are you coming to this one?

Looks like real fun. Bet we could see some cutting edge machines there.

Most likely, I will be going to Texas? For my little brother's wedding. Sigh.

Josh K.

Bummer Josh, it would be great to meet. I remember reading your first ride the rockies report years ago. I'm still wondering what reduction you use for your astro's.......

YeeHaw! My good ol' friend Nick just told me about this and then I see this thread...then I hit the link and read the great write-up by...none other than my friend Nick. I am brand new to the whole ebike world but I'll be there with my lovely wife. I wonder which one of you guys here is Nick...lol.

I don't think Nick is on here. Is he coming this year? Hopefully he drinks more water this time. See you there. Do you have a bike?

Hello!

Here is a loose schedule for this years event

All kinds of Ebikes will are welcome!
Open ranch riding for all bikes , kids Electric Mini Bikes,Electric Bike demos
Adaptive bikes , pedal assist, throttle assist
Awesome companies coming or represented this year
HPCycles , Tangent, Kranked, Risse Racing , LaMere,
Stealth, CAKE, UBCO, Giant, Fantic ,Sierra Ebike all hoping to make it out.

Lost Sierra Electric Bike Festival Schedule
Preparation:

Saturday June 15 Trailwork (volunteer)and course layout
Saturday June 22 Trailwork (volunteer) and practice runs

Festival:

Friday July 12 arrive camp , open practice
Saturday July 13 practice 7-10 am
Adaptive class 10:30
Pedal assist 11:00
Pro /expert/throttle practice laps 12-1
Open throttle racing 1:30
Pro open 2:30
Long Jump 3:30
1000m Drag Race 4:30

BBQ , beer , Raffle (some great prizes this year), Awards, 6-7:30
Best of show build vote during dinner
Beer flowing until .....

Sunday group ride Mills Peak depart Ranch
12 noon
We will organize our own shuttles

Come on out !!

damn someone finally talked Stealth Tahoe into coming out, nice job Chris. I want to ride that Cake so bad! I'll try and come out next weekend and help out(and do practice runs)...........

devo1223 said:
I don't think Nick is on here. Is he coming this year? Hopefully he drinks more water this time. See you there. Do you have a bike?

Hey devo, I'll tell him to join up. I know he lurks. I told him I'm coming and he said he'd make it up. He's recuperating from an injury so who knows in what shape he'll be but I hope he makes it.

I do not yet have a bike. I was about to make an impulse buy of the Sur Ron X but held off. I think I want a more cyclebike than emotorcycle, although line is getting blurry. I've seen Nick's private stash so I may have him build me one. He's way ahead of me on the learning curve and I don't mind sharing my hard earned cash with him. We go way back.
See you there...I'll be in the dark grey Taco w shell and racks...and no bike ;-(

So exactly where is this event going to be? From what I could read, it's in Beckwourth, CA, but not really sure.

3559 Beckwourth Calpine Rd, Beckwourth, CA 96129

devo1223 said:
3559 Beckwourth Calpine Rd, Beckwourth, CA 96129

OK, thanks for posting that. On Google street view, it looks like out in the middle of nowhere. Could become the next Burning Man.

Burning Bike?

It definitely is, very cool landscape. Stark contrast to all the tourist I live amongst just 40min away. You coming? You have a surron, right?

I'd love to come but not sure the wife will let me. Yes, I have a Sur-ron and several ebikes.

Where does everybody stay?

camping onsite, its awesome. the wife will understand

spinningmagnets said:
Just for general info, the Lost Sierra festival is kit-friendly. You can have a factory ebike, but they like kits too...

This one fact might turn the Lost Sierra into the most innovative event for ebikes...

Thanks, we try to have an open door style and be inclusive of all ebike variations. Hopefully, as you mentioned, it will keep the innovation moving and the attraction coming...

I got a tentative OK from the wifey, so I am planning to come. Hopefully I can stuff two bikes in the minivan.

Img_1146A.jpgImg_1180A.jpg

great, see you there!

Back