Lost Sierra 2018

open throttle and pas races same as last year? What day and time for races?

Where do we talk about the weekend? Devo I guess is Derek. We represented North Shore at 100%, where was everybody else? Man that was fun.
20180707_205306-1200.jpg

Yeah what a blast. Nick your HD's continue to impress me. Post your pics here. I'll write more soon

I have a couple of pics of people. If it is not OK to post people pics I will take them down.

y4mGnSDWDmk5YvteuFqcxbomuKb4_dC4-6bWNPhtjC1FMTXbD2qMRkrK1GQKeJaxyPUC2-zcwok7pDz3GuqkZFjiY_m_v7RHvtK9Sn0doVKZlxbhCWyMx2BGnUj2d40-HActNzN36hMo33iiaakORi3iZIogP3hdDGCdge7eWDtkVIFfj424QPhim2wCZIuICblnWbBtolph45ad-VnnXU_Dg

y4mU8MjJjXlqdOHdh0cbQ031yBYyJBoNPUO1hNc-RsCMoQz3UEbqpMX-keOQAPowi281j7Mu9dnig2idEE5opAwGe7FRK1g6FWcLFKFY7GjkXvne6TDyzOUDNkC1yFPR3fB9OGNwTkR30Ei9mBzK9rq0eCrowitMnCu7a6szaOxlp0kJfC6BN1UOLFwsfEsTXbwvURVQJIbmfPouRxpLPEVeQ

y4m5BqxM01mZF7yyz5t6MyGlHTOCxf_D4utjCAKVtXJuRek4wWsZTOypeihPoTXeCKO2oaoalOyThM1scamVLmS0wVMJK0xyP_FhE7gUaxNX1hz1p9KIzs7TdhgUqOoApClSFjc9_LFjX9Kjq4hKKMK5bn9Qg-01vuvS5o8ruQim6DqHaTqIOdWxKDsOvEuOQfWHC_YcjpzlD6T4nrboBkHEg

y4mPlzHdcbkpYorhZNvbZHa61tBSKoM8LIvbGO8y6ITMZk6fOuvWyx7F_fR_r4Fj_q9tCD6ZNOuKchRGioW30kOHdZtQ3hJyQBPc0HRG-Rkfo3AVrZYUyyFTrpfJob0JYfY7vHJeR8TbYqzGJSIPVq30XMz0J1Y300XsUWH62tf5D1l7xLbhvnA41QGUsZuXlBly9eyP13hoXaxWxJmBLQ-Aw

y4mbTywmoJ3JNWFTHXGHiV_PkWRpEFMPkS96B9Xvykgr4jlvylADfJ0epF1zpYSfd9EiVY8PX5ItkPZNvHngvxs3p9V5MKWigYMRtNeSE5txX9cZG6ef19qdumU0k1xb8e58NgpAF4sFbpNZcn2Z7qQlIi_OXYZr_F9Pwqfd-3eeVNqaNVWz1XZ_3_h10aUEfVFR67y-8PGSh2tx0WORjdlDg

y4mYPVVvK7epb9l6vfQNOTB5mj85VXEtQ1eILZj0ivov5FGAStHBmeG7SkrG6Xfbn4JlOn25dI1ZYkVp-gd8TuEqMxrXE4s0Uq8qm7vY_gOvnA-SrkI8ygUipir-fqHdffR0RJSBoHTRdUhv8HO3FYUpq7Bz3OvQVUIwU-jt3SYbpUzlrke9FNV6fqLThcziBN-hWis4VwKp471XfLvMXBQjw

The HDs don't seem to fail under load. However they do for no reason I can find. I will be doing a new core this week to see if it fixes one in the grave yard. I love the announcer "and out of nowhere with his commuter bike...". Of course my "commuter" dog walking bike has a Fox 36, Maxis 2.8 downhill tires, Ludi swinging a 48t, Ex1 drivetrain...

This social media thing is painfully slow. I expected by now to have the participants all in one thread along with some trolls to spice things up. This was a great festival and I will go to any party they throw, but race?

I googled how to get participants in a thread and it said to attack everyone. I question the race because I have historically looked to race results as some empirical data that even marketing can't mess with. However we had such a small sample I laugh at my attempts to study the results last year when I didn't go.

Racing is important. As someone who is just poking his head into your playground I am astonished things have gone so far with out it. So as an old guy who has crashed a lot of toys I am going to tell you how this goes.

Five days after a race, Devo and I should be trash talking about what was unfair. I whine that the course was set to his bike. His back yard is fire roads, mine single track. Then we start a series of our own with one weekend in his yard, and one in mine. The winner stands up on youtube and says: "I want to thank my manufacture who made the riding easy."

And then the game is afoot. I learned from Bernie Ecclestone even a dumb a$$ like me can manipulate smart engineers and talent riders to progress a sport.

So here is my course for the engineers to work their slide rules and riders to practice: We go up the downhill to the flume. Time penalty for putting a foot down. Points for scaring the young whipper snappers coming down. Across the flume to Tunnel Road. You can scare small children, but if they fall off the trail, that is a time penalty. Tunnel Road to the top can be your fire road to catch up. Do we roost the guys in Lycra for points? Then the wrong way up the Rim Trail. No feet down at the staircase. When we get to the ski area we will have some thousand yards of portage where you can carry that hub motor. Then freeride all the way back to my house, pick what ever run you think is fastest. Oh, and if you can do the whole thing without yelling at your trail dog, that's an automatic win.

What is the best bike? Which rider do I employ?

Heres the typhoon after 1.5 laps on bare metal.

Attachments

• es2.jpg
    es2.jpg
    298.5 KB · Views: 3,345
better shot of the Typhoon, it looks like a fun bike, i was hoping for a test ride, but nope.

Attachments

• es5.jpg
    es5.jpg
    278.4 KB · Views: 3,301
Yeah that's my vector lite, I won the drag race against the cyclones. I really wanted to race the HPC Revolution but I think they had it tuned down to 3kw anyway. Thanks for taking pics my lens was broke so didn't get any decent shots. I had such a good time at this event, so many dnf's it really was a test of machine this time around. I heard a rumor there might be another race in Sept in Sacramento, does anyone have any details?

Wanna race? The secret trail between our neighborhoods. First one to each others house gets... Only I know where it is :lol:

Try to give everybody a little more advance notice next time. I would have liked to attend. There aren't many events for ES style ebikes (yet).

I think anybody in Lycra needs to be in their own class (or just banned outright).

Yeah Fechter it would have been nice to meet you. They said it will be the same weekend next year. Come to Tahoe for interbike and I'll organize a race on local trails. Some of the same guys will be here then.

Back