BBSHD Voltage Problem Firmware Update & Instructions

Discussions related to motors other than hub motors.
This includes R/C motors, botttom bracket, roller and geared drives.
User avatar
J_R_X   10 µW

10 µW
Posts: 5
Joined: Jun 08 2020 1:44pm

Re: BBSHD Voltage Problem Firmware Update & Instructions

Post by J_R_X » Jul 17 2020 5:10pm

Can confirm a successful flash on a recently purchased (06/2020 from eBay user hallomotor) BBSHD.
The numbers on the shell match the ones that Spezialexperte posted.
CRR10E4830E105001.1
CR R10E.1000S.N.U 1.5
Firmware: 1.5
The reason for flashing was to attempt resolving error 30 issue.

Haven't finished building the 52v battery yet, so not sure if I'll get the voltage error.
Tested the motor and c961 display with a 48v battery and it was working fine.
Before the first ride connected with penoffs tool to change some controller settings. I noticed that the max current limit was 28A as someone else here said. As I was writing some settings to flash something must have glitched out as the controller stopped communicating with the pc. Any further attempts to reestablish connection unsuccessful. Plugging the display back resulted er30.
Have stumbled upon this thread before so went straight to it and flashed amberwolf's CRR10E4830E105001.1_190413-1.bin
The MCU type according to FlashLog is IAP15W4K61S4
This essentially unbricked my brand new bbshd, thanks amberwolf.
Further controller programming changes with penoff's software were successful and can confirm that the max current has increased to 30A when using the above mentioned .bin file.

SkinZ   1 mW

1 mW
Posts: 11
Joined: Jan 07 2018 12:09pm

Re: BBSHD Voltage Problem Firmware Update & Instructions

Post by SkinZ » Jul 17 2020 5:35pm

Hi,
Almost exactly the same as you.
June 2020 bbshd
Tried editing settings. Tried to load and flash .el file. But crashes when I tried to write. Got error 30.

Flashed firmware as per op and fixed problem. Had to flash other fw file though as got ov error with 14s fully charged on 1 bin. But fine in other. Will take 28a if it means that it runs.

SuperSl0w   10 mW

10 mW
Posts: 21
Joined: Dec 22 2018 11:48am

Re: BBSHD Voltage Problem Firmware Update & Instructions

Post by SuperSl0w » Aug 07 2020 5:38pm

J_R_X wrote:
Jul 17 2020 5:10pm
Can confirm a successful flash on a recently purchased (06/2020 from eBay user hallomotor) BBSHD.
The numbers on the shell match the ones that Spezialexperte posted.
CRR10E4830E105001.1
CR R10E.1000S.N.U 1.5
Firmware: 1.5
The reason for flashing was to attempt resolving error 30 issue.

Haven't finished building the 52v battery yet, so not sure if I'll get the voltage error.
Tested the motor and c961 display with a 48v battery and it was working fine.
Before the first ride connected with penoffs tool to change some controller settings. I noticed that the max current limit was 28A as someone else here said. As I was writing some settings to flash something must have glitched out as the controller stopped communicating with the pc. Any further attempts to reestablish connection unsuccessful. Plugging the display back resulted er30.
Have stumbled upon this thread before so went straight to it and flashed amberwolf's CRR10E4830E105001.1_190413-1.bin
The MCU type according to FlashLog is IAP15W4K61S4
This essentially unbricked my brand new bbshd, thanks amberwolf.
Further controller programming changes with penoff's software were successful and can confirm that the max current has increased to 30A when using the above mentioned .bin file.
SkinZ wrote:
Jul 17 2020 5:35pm
Hi,
Almost exactly the same as you.
June 2020 bbshd
Tried editing settings. Tried to load and flash .el file. But crashes when I tried to write. Got error 30.

Flashed firmware as per op and fixed problem. Had to flash other fw file though as got ov error with 14s fully charged on 1 bin. But fine in other. Will take 28a if it means that it runs.



Normally changing setting in your EL files wont brick the controller, i had some weird issues when i entered speed/current limits which are non dividable by 2.

Mcs81   1 µW

1 µW
Posts: 1
Joined: Aug 12 2020 10:59am

Re: BBSHD Voltage Problem Firmware Update & Instructions

Post by Mcs81 » Aug 12 2020 1:08pm

Ive followed the instructions, but it gets stuck on "Checking target MCU.." anyone else had this ?.

DaDo.Bzz   100 W

100 W
Posts: 146
Joined: Feb 12 2015 3:29pm

Re: BBSHD Voltage Problem Firmware Update & Instructions

Post by DaDo.Bzz » Aug 19 2020 6:44am

Hello guys.

I am affraid for new hardware controllers you would find only firmware with throttle pass glitch. I dont understand what was the reason for this, but with Bafang u never know what you get.

I have hd controller from very first production batch without overvoltage and throttle issue. Somebody should be able to reverse engineering bin file and spot the part of code where ist the throttle glitch.

Anyway this throttle pass issue is also on small bafang controllers for hub motors. :(
LMX 81, 16S6P 60A
Dengfu E10, M600, 840Wh, 48V
CTM Scroll, BBSHD, 700Wh, 52V
Slovakia, Bratislava

noonedoesnt   1 µW

1 µW
Posts: 3
Joined: Aug 27 2020 5:34am

Re: BBSHD Voltage Problem Firmware Update & Instructions

Post by noonedoesnt » Aug 27 2020 6:24am

I am running a 48v battery on a 52v controller and this presents a big problem. Initially, power out put is strong, but it falls off fast and hard. at only 47-48v, the power drops off to 400-500w already....I have a 2020 JUNE version, the outer case is shown below:|
Image

I would like to flash a 48v firmware to alleviate this issue...but I don't know if the supplied 4830 file will work. Can someone please help?

User avatar
Tomblarom   10 W

10 W
Posts: 76
Joined: Jul 20 2018 1:33pm

Re: BBSHD Voltage Problem Firmware Update & Instructions

Post by Tomblarom » Oct 16 2020 2:36am

Hello guys, fasterbikes provided me a newer firmware, directly from Bafang. I paid for it, but I want to share it here with you.

Version: CRR10E4830E105027.1_(latest)_190927.bin
Attachments
Firmware Update Controller 1-5.7z
(4.6 MiB) Downloaded 755 times

SkinZ   1 mW

1 mW
Posts: 11
Joined: Jan 07 2018 12:09pm

Re: BBSHD Voltage Problem Firmware Update & Instructions

Post by SkinZ » Oct 16 2020 2:53am

Which model voltage and year was it for? Not an expert and not sure if it matters, but just asking so I don't brick my controller. Any idea what the newer fw does?

bullyyy   1 µW

1 µW
Posts: 2
Joined: Oct 27 2020 2:24pm

Re: BBSHD Voltage Problem Firmware Update & Instructions

Post by bullyyy » Oct 27 2020 2:48pm

Thank you very much Tomblarom
The firmware you shared fixed the PAS/throttle problem on three of my BBSHD controllers 8)

tokoyama   1 µW

1 µW
Posts: 2
Joined: Aug 31 2020 6:45am

Re: BBSHD Voltage Problem Firmware Update & Instructions

Post by tokoyama » Nov 04 2020 10:13pm

https://yadi.sk/d/hXqlI2_TjJ6PzQ
The firmware is provided by the service Bafag
CRR10E4830E105016.1_合并.bin

RadekBafangBBSHD   1 µW

1 µW
Posts: 2
Joined: Nov 05 2020 5:46pm

Re: BBSHD Voltage Problem Firmware Update & Instructions

Post by RadekBafangBBSHD » Nov 05 2020 6:23pm

Hi,
I just would like to ask you several things to ensure I am doing right things.

Today I have received 2 Bafang BBSHD with controller 52v 28A.
My previous Bafang BBSHD from 2017 was with 48v and 30A.
I used it only with 48v battery and in overall I had no problems and no issues.

Now I ordered especially version for 52v because I want to use it with battery 14s or even 15s. But did not expect that it will come also with 28A.
Is it possible to upload some of the version given here with 30A?
I really do not understand because some people use this engine even with 15s so above 60v and it works great but as I read here some peopel have problems just with 52v battery. Of course both was using controller 48v 30A.
I do not know if I better send my new engines back or it is possible to reprogram it with uploaded versions of software?
I just want to have as much power as possible. So if the controler 48v 30A will work with 52v battery so then it will have naturally more power than controler 52v 28A.
Am I right?:)

Gretings

AZeBikeGuy   100 W

100 W
Posts: 115
Joined: Sep 06 2016 2:58pm
Location: Arizona

Re: BBSHD Voltage Problem Firmware Update & Instructions

Post by AZeBikeGuy » Nov 06 2020 9:20am

While it's clearly a more complex story

48V × 30A = 1440W < 52V × 28A = 1456W

RadekBafangBBSHD   1 µW

1 µW
Posts: 2
Joined: Nov 05 2020 5:46pm

Re: BBSHD Voltage Problem Firmware Update & Instructions

Post by RadekBafangBBSHD » Nov 06 2020 2:27pm

Yes, but when you can ride on 52v battery but on the controller 48v 30A then you get 1560 W.
I would not like really to go under 30 A although it is only 2A but it is..

consumer052   10 µW

10 µW
Posts: 5
Joined: Nov 09 2020 3:44pm

Re: BBSHD Voltage Problem Firmware Update & Instructions

Post by consumer052 » Nov 12 2020 7:13pm

Thank You!!! I had tried to change a simple parameter; "Wheel Diameter" using instructions here https://electricbike-blog.com/2015/06/2 ... the-bbs02/and my BBSHD stopped working. I was able to re-flash using your instructions and it restored operation. I thought I was going to have to buy a new controller for a $100, now I can breath again.

Thanks again!

P.S. When I can get my Paypal account to work again I will contribute to your fantastic efforts!

Mybbor   1 µW

1 µW
Posts: 3
Joined: Dec 05 2020 12:20pm

Re: BBSHD Voltage Problem Firmware Update & Instructions

Post by Mybbor » Dec 05 2020 12:23pm

Hey all. First post here. Thanks for this thread. Tons of good info. I am trying to fix the throttle/PAS issue on my BBSHD. I was wondering if anyone has more info on the firmware shared a few posts above by Tomblarom? Has anyone else used it successfully or have any more info on it's original source? Thanks!

User avatar
Tomblarom   10 W

10 W
Posts: 76
Joined: Jul 20 2018 1:33pm

Re: BBSHD Voltage Problem Firmware Update & Instructions

Post by Tomblarom » Dec 05 2020 3:02pm

tokoyama wrote:
Nov 04 2020 10:13pm
https://yadi.sk/d/hXqlI2_TjJ6PzQ
The firmware is provided by the service Bafag
CRR10E4830E105016.1_合并.bin
Just a reupload, since these tend to go offline very fast.
Attachments
CRR10E4830E105016.1_合并.zip
(19.94 KiB) Downloaded 225 times

Mybbor   1 µW

1 µW
Posts: 3
Joined: Dec 05 2020 12:20pm

Re: BBSHD Voltage Problem Firmware Update & Instructions

Post by Mybbor » Dec 05 2020 9:48pm

Confirmed - Tomblarom's firmware totally fixed the throttle/PAS problem with my BBSHD. Thank you so much Tomblarom and everyone in this thread for the help!

User avatar
Hwy89   10 kW

10 kW
Posts: 531
Joined: Mar 03 2013 9:52pm
Location: Northern Arizona

Re: BBSHD Voltage Problem Firmware Update & Instructions

Post by Hwy89 » Dec 13 2020 9:48am

I have a BBS02 from Luna with the pas/throttle issue. Unfortunately I am too computer illiterate to even attempt to try flashing the firmware. Plus I do everything on an IPad and do not have access to a laptop.
Is there anyone in Arizona or Southern California with the experience and equipment, and who would be willing to upgrade the bike for me?
I’m currently wintering near Yuma and would deliver the bike anywhere within about 200 miles and would be willing to pay for your time.

fireflyer451   10 mW

10 mW
Posts: 30
Joined: Aug 28 2019 7:00am

Re: BBSHD Voltage Problem Firmware Update & Instructions

Post by fireflyer451 » Dec 13 2020 5:08pm

I successfully flashed my BBSHD firmware today with the instructions on page 1. The only change was that I had to set the max baud rate to 38400. At 57 it just hung and did nothing. Lowering that value worked fine.

AZeBikeGuy   100 W

100 W
Posts: 115
Joined: Sep 06 2016 2:58pm
Location: Arizona

Re: BBSHD Voltage Problem Firmware Update & Instructions

Post by AZeBikeGuy » Dec 14 2020 10:24am

Hwy89 wrote:
Dec 13 2020 9:48am
I have a BBS02 from Luna with the pas/throttle issue. Unfortunately I am too computer illiterate to even attempt to try flashing the firmware. Plus I do everything on an IPad and do not have access to a laptop.
Is there anyone in Arizona or Southern California with the experience and equipment, and who would be willing to upgrade the bike for me?
I’m currently wintering near Yuma and would deliver the bike anywhere within about 200 miles and would be willing to pay for your time.
I'm in Chandler, AZ if you make it to the PHX metro area

fireflyer451   10 mW

10 mW
Posts: 30
Joined: Aug 28 2019 7:00am

Re: BBSHD Voltage Problem Firmware Update & Instructions

Post by fireflyer451 » Dec 19 2020 11:51am

FYI - with Bitdefender it warns of:

stc-isp-15xx-v6.87S.exe - Trojan.GenericKD.44993972

I was able to run this file to update the firmware successfully. But got the warning afterwards

ant23457   1 µW

1 µW
Posts: 1
Joined: Dec 26 2020 7:43am

Re: BBSHD Voltage Problem Firmware Update & Instructions

Post by ant23457 » Dec 26 2020 7:50am

noonedoesnt wrote:
Aug 27 2020 6:24am
I am running a 48v battery on a 52v controller and this presents a big problem. Initially, power out put is strong, but it falls off fast and hard. at only 47-48v, the power drops off to 400-500w already....I have a 2020 JUNE version, the outer case is shown below:|
Image

I would like to flash a 48v firmware to alleviate this issue...but I don't know if the supplied 4830 file will work. Can someone please help?
i have the same verson as u 28a controller and this software wrks fine now saying 30a

EJ25   1 µW

1 µW
Posts: 3
Joined: Dec 29 2020 6:25pm

Re: BBSHD Voltage Problem Firmware Update & Instructions

Post by EJ25 » Dec 29 2020 6:28pm

Did anyone notice a decrease in power going from the 48v 30a to the 52v 28 firmware?

User avatar
tomjasz   10 GW

10 GW
Posts: 4659
Joined: Mar 29 2014 1:45pm
Location: Out riding, MN USA
Contact:

Re: BBSHD Voltage Problem Firmware Update & Instructions

Post by tomjasz » Dec 30 2020 3:04pm

The end output is nearly the same.

28 amps X 58.8 volts = 1646 watts, 30 amps X 54.6 volts = 1638 watts.
Thanks Justin_le we're here thanks to you. All the best to the mods for their tireless work keeping it on an even keel.

EJ25   1 µW

1 µW
Posts: 3
Joined: Dec 29 2020 6:25pm

Re: BBSHD Voltage Problem Firmware Update & Instructions

Post by EJ25 » Dec 30 2020 7:59pm

that's true, there's no way that's noticeable. I went for a ride yesterday at full power, according to the display it very rarely pulls over 28a anyway. I've ordered the cable and ill update the firmware once it arrives. I'm sick of not be able to fully charge it because of error 07.

Post Reply